PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn off image pop ups?

Dodgy
02-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Hiya,

How do I turn off those annoying image pop ups on the forum when I mouse over the image thumbnails? I prefer to middle click them into a new tab, not be stopped every time I run my mouse over them....

Thanks,
Mike

cagey5
02-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Join the club. There isn't a way to stop it. Apparently the web team are a law unto themselves and are unable/unwilling to rectify it despite the wishes of their employers customers.

Thus speaks the voice of experience from a few years back when a similar web update resulted in a similarly disliked image pop-up option.

It was eventually changed only after at least two polls. One of which Newtek themselves started and then ignored the results of for a good 6 months.

Thomas Leitner
02-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi,
I donīt know how to stop, but you still can middle click to open in a new tab (...and then leave thumbnail to stop poping up...).

ciao
Thomas

GoatDude
02-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I vote to ban the popups. Very annoying

Surrealist.
02-02-2013, 10:28 AM
You can turn off images in "Forum Actions/General Settings" and all images will show up as links. If you wan to see one click on it. Perhaps not the best solution, but it stops the annoying pop ups.

Cryonic
02-02-2013, 09:01 PM
I must be an oddity amongst this crew as I don't find them annoying and they don't seem to happen when I don't want them to. I guess using the keyboard more than the mouse helps.

Bitboy
02-03-2013, 04:24 AM
I really hate the popups and the way they popup as soon as I mouseover on them.. I'll have a look at the forum setting. Thanks Surrealist! :-)

Dodgy
02-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Yeah thanks Surrealist, I would have preferred image thumbnails to be on but the pop ups to be off, but this will do!

-EsHrA-
02-03-2013, 05:11 AM
+1

3DGFXStudios
02-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Yes really annoying! +100

erikals
02-03-2013, 05:57 AM
you can't make it work the old way afaik... you also can't unsubscribe from this thread :P

...so i will just keep on writing... and writing... :jam: ;]

i kinda chuckle each time i read "how do i unsubscribe from this thread?" :]

there's no way hosay! ;]

Surrealist.
02-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah thanks Surrealist, I would have preferred image thumbnails to be on but the pop ups to be off, but this will do!

Yeah me too. It was an annoyance. Thanks for posting as it made me go look for a solution.:)

Mitja
02-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Image pop ups will automatically stop, don't you know?
When we will stop posting images, that is. Just look at the gallery sections, emptier and emptier...

bazsa73
02-05-2013, 08:23 AM
But there are no thumbnails in the galleries. In all 3D forums galleries displays the thumbnails of the images.
So we have popups what we dont need and we dont have thumbnails there where should be one.
Well well well....

allabulle
02-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Exactly, bazsa73! I can't honestly think about the reasoning for this disaster. The whole forums are plagued with flaws and conceptual mistakes. Who is behind this design and programming and who's supposed to take advantage of this improvements (let's call it that way). I don't understand either why nobody supervises what he or she is doing. Meh. Back to my cave now.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, bazsa73! I can't honestly think about the reasoning for this disaster. The whole forums are plagued with flaws and conceptual mistakes. Who is behind this design and programming and who's supposed to take advantage of this improvements (let's call it that way). I don't understand either why nobody supervises what he or she is doing. Meh. Back to my cave now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hah! Another example here. Unintended update on a post never posted before. Still, I managed to update it. :)

allabulle
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Hah! Another example here. Unintended update on a post never posted before. Still, I managed to update it. :)

paulk
02-12-2013, 06:46 AM
I don't mind the mouse-over pop-up so much. What frosts my cake is having to load multiple images one at a time by clicking the "Next" button, which shifts around, depending on the size or orientation of an image, and then having to click the "Next" button repeatedly to cycle through the images.

At least put a keyboard shortcut on the "Next" button to load and cycle through the images.

SBowie
02-12-2013, 07:22 AM
you can't make it work the old way afaik... you also can't unsubscribe from this thread :PActually, it works if you delete the sub from your user Settings panel, under Subscriptions.

erikals
02-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Dangit!... \:v