PDA

View Full Version : A Gift

zardoz
02-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Hi

Here is a gift. Maybe Lightwave 11.5 is inside, who knows?

Cheers

Matt
02-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Nice render!

Waves of light
02-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Beautiful render mate, like the vignette.

adhesiveX
02-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Very realistic render. Good job!

Exception
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Wow! what amazing level of detail. I blew it up as large as it went, and the detail in the ribbon and the texture on the box are just amazing. You have to tell how you made that ribbon so well.

I love the lighting and render as well. I'd go a little lighter on the DOF, that's the only giveaway that it's not a photograph, I'd say. That may not be your intention though :)

jeric_synergy
02-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Beautiful render mate, like the vignette.
Vignettes almost always help. (Considering how easy they are, I'm surprised more people don't use them....)

zardoz
02-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Thanks Matt!

Waves of light, yep I always use some kind of vignette to direct the viewer to the most important part of the picture. In this case is simple. Thanks.

Thanks MadhesiveX.

Exception, about the level of detail...it has a bit more as you can see in the closeups ;) the final outup was 5k.
About the ribbon...actually it is a bit fake eheh. Just a few loops arranged in a way to minimize overlaps. Yes I agree about the dof, but I forgot the rule about the dof: increase untill you like it then down a bit.

jeric_synergy, I don't know if vignettes are just a trend like flares were in the past, or chromatic aberration or other stuff like that, but vignettes really help enhancing the focus in the subject. thanks for posting.

so here are also a few closeups of three parts of the render.

cheers
LL

nickdigital
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
A+ image.

Zardoz is clearly a newbie with LW, lol.

chris_solo
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
superb!

++Chris