PDA

View Full Version : LW Camera Jumps when creating geometry from layout "LIGHTWAVE 11.5"

jboudreau
02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys

Any one having this problem? When I open layout and go into perspective window the camera jumps when I create geometry from the Modeler tools. I don't remeber this happening in version 11.0.3

1. Open layout
2. Choose Perspective View
3. Choose Modeler Tools Tab
4. Choose Geometry (Sphere for example) under the create section
5. Camera Jumps

Thanks
Jason

Celshader
02-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi Guys

Any one having this problem? When I open layout and go into perspective window the camera jumps when I create geometry from the Modeler tools. I don't remeber this happening in version 11.0.3

1. Open layout
2. Choose Perspective View
3. Choose Modeler Tools Tab
4. Choose Geometry (Sphere for example) under the create section
5. Camera Jumps

Thanks
Jason

What happens if you set a key on the camera at frame 0 before following steps 3-5? I remember LightWave's camera always backs off in the presence of new geometry (ex: object load) to autosize the view if it is not keyed first.

Sensei
02-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I pointed this out in beta stage, but they told me it's intended.

Default camera location is 0,0,-5.
Use Geometry > Cube and it'll jump to 0,+500mm,-3m.
Use Geometry > Ground Plane, and it'll jump to 0,+500mm,-24m

Honestly I dislike this functionality.
It should be at least optional.

jboudreau
02-01-2013, 10:01 PM
That fixed it thanks, I only noticed it when I was adding geometry while testing the camera from AE. It caused the camera to jump messing up the position data of the camera on frame 0.

Seeing that their was already a key frame marker on frame 0 I thought it had already been keyed.

Thanks
Jason

jboudreau
02-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I pointed this out in beta stage, but they told me it's intended.

Default camera location is 0,0,-5.
Use Geometry > Cube and it'll jump to 0,+500mm,-3m.
Use Geometry > Ground Plane, and it'll jump to 0,+500mm,-24m

Honestly I dislike this functionality.
It should be at least optional.

I totally agree. Especially when you can see the frame marker on frame 0, that tells me their is already a key frame there.

Thanks for the info.
Jason

Celshader
02-01-2013, 11:20 PM
That fixed it thanks, I only noticed it when I was adding geometry while testing the camera from AE. It caused the camera to jump messing up the position data of the camera on frame 0.

Seeing that their was already a key frame marker on frame 0 I thought it had already been keyed.

Thanks
Jason

That "feature" has been in there for a while now. Launch 11.0.2 or 9.6 and load in an object. Then load in a bigger object. Then load in an object that is bigger than that.

The camera will keep jumping back in an attempt to autosize the framing until the user formally sets a key on that camera.

jboudreau
02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
That "feature" has been in there for a while now. Launch 11.0.2 or 9.6 and load in an object. Then load in a bigger object. Then load in an object that is bigger than that.

The camera will keep jumping back in an attempt to autosize the framing until the user formally sets a key on that camera.

WOW! I had no idea. I've been using lightwave for quite a few years and never noticed it before tonight.