PDA

View Full Version : Batch Capture

jmmscvi
11-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Batch Capture Problems here. I am using T3 with the new patch on 2 2.6 gig machines. I have set my firewire drivers to Microsoft and I still am getting good dv for about 2 mins then I have to cut and paste to get my lip sync right...........Plllllleeeesssse fixx this. It is so hard to convince my Fox affiliate in Toledo that I have good equipment when this stuff seems to happen so often.

Jim Capillo
11-04-2003, 09:38 PM
You can capture as an rtv analog signal and the delay problems will go away - if you have enough disk space.

RayLarson
11-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Well, then that makes "Batch Capture" useless

RomainR
11-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Well the present problem just lies within the Firewire. So you can still batch using the firewire as the deck control and have the video captured via the analog and you don't especially have to capture it as an RTV, you can capture it as an avi or any other file type available to you.

:D

Jim Capillo
11-05-2003, 08:40 AM
That's exactly what I'm doing with my DVX-100........

RayLarson
11-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Splain it to me Luceee !!!

I am not sure I understand how that is done.

Jim Capillo
11-05-2003, 09:18 AM
OK, I'm assuming that you already have a DV deck hooked up and recognized by the B/C, right?

1st, run an analog wire (composite, Y/C or whatever is on the deck) from the deck's output to the VT input. Same with audio.

Now, simply go to "deck is connected to" (on the B/C panel) and right click, then select your new input (where the DV analog wires are on the VT) and BINGO!

You have firewire control and analog input for capture as rtv or whatever codec you want......

jmmscvi
11-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Tank you Tank you. I think I can make this work........