PDA

View Full Version : automated credit pages

JoZee
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
how can i make the pages in livetext switch automatically for credits?

thanks

Lee-AVP
02-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Export each page of credits individually, then put them in a playlist in the Titles or Stills player.

joseburgos
02-02-2013, 10:55 AM
LiveText live/graphics or LiveText stand alone?
LiveText live/graphics;
create the credits in note pad making sure you do something like four to five space in between titles.
eg
Camera Man
Jose Burgos

Producer
Jose Burgos
Save the file and bring to your TriCaster.
Open LiveText from Graphics menu
Change the font type and size to be used for your credits
Go to File, Load and change drop down from .cg to .txt
Locate and load your credits text file
An option box opens and if you want center scrolling credits, then choose center for both choices (buttons that represent center) and press OK
Now change page to be a motion pointing down and press play
*Tip: When you type your credits in Notepad, make sure you understand that what direction you are scrolling your credits so that you type the titiles and names in the right direction (Director first as an example, if scrolling down)

If stand alone LiveText then use the Text input watch folder to really levage how the credits look and if designed right, you only have to add the names of the crew (as long as all positions are filled) to populate your credits predesigned page to auto populate the credits in LiveText.

Take care,

joseburgos
02-02-2013, 11:02 AM
As a bonus tip, this is my preferred methode for doing lower thirds. I request from the client the lower thirds names and titles before time and create my own text file of all the names and any other titles I need to construct. I then load this as a page in LiveText. I now copy and paste the info to each new lower third page and export all the pages but the one with all the names, to Live. I am finished quicker and any typos are not my faults because I just copy and pasted what I was given. Of course I still ask the client to double check all the titles before the show starts and if they made an error, I can easily edit the tittle template for that single title.

PIZAZZ
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
As a bonus tip, this is my preferred methode for doing lower thirds. I request from the client the lower thirds names and titles before time and create my own text file of all the names and any other titles I need to construct. I then load this as a page in LiveText. I now copy and paste the info to each new lower third page and export all the pages but the one with all the names, to Live. I am finished quicker and any typos are not my faults because I just copy and pasted what I was given. Of course I still ask the client to double check all the titles before the show starts and if they made an error, I can easily edit the tittle template for that single title.

Amen brother!

Been doing that for months now. Much easier than updating in LiveText. Best thing is you don't have to worry about nudging a graphic element by accident.