PDA

View Full Version : Go Wireless with TriCaster!

laronson
01-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey folks! Just finished trying an experiment, which turned out to be quite successful, so I'm passing this on to anyone who is interested.

I have several inexpensive cameras (Panasonic HC-X900M) that have HDMI output in 1080p. (ANY video cameras can be used for the purpose, as long as they feature HDMI output.)

I purchased a NYRIUS Aries Pro Model # NPCS550, which comes complete with a small transmitter and a base receiver unit. These units claim a range of 160 feet, line of sight (but your mileage may vary). I connected the HDMI output from my little Panny camera to the input on the transmitter. The transmitter requires power, so I used a New Trent IMP52D, which is small and compact, and provides 5200 mAh of power on a charge. With both of these units together, they weigh just a few ounces, and only a single cable needs to be run from the camera to the transmitter.

The receiver runs off of an AC adapter (included), and outputs HDMI in 1080p with near zero latency. Using a Black Magic Design converter box to go from HDMI to SDI, the signal can now be routed into an input on the TriCaster (in my case, the TCXD450). The image quality is EXCELLENT!! Multiple NYRIUS transmitters can be set for different frequencies, so that each camera is dedicated to a separate wireless system.

Now you can have the freedom to roam around a venue without the hassle of cables! Or just set up the cameras in various locations on tripods and switch among them with the TriCaster, all with the freedom of not having to run cables.

Happy 'Casting!

Larry

landtroopmi
02-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I have a tc350. I am filming basketball games with an old camera that sends video over a coaxial cable with bnc connectors. The quality of the film is not very good so I am trying to see how I can film with a new HDMI camera and still send the signal from the HD camera over to the tricaster.

It seems like what you have discussed below is exactly what I need. Before I go purchase all of the materials, I just want to make sure that I am getting the proper equipment for my tricaster.

I have bnc video inputs in the front of my tricaster. This is what I plug my coaxial cable into.

In your article, you said that you have a black magic design converter box to go from HDMI to SDI. Does that mean that you go from that converter box to the bnc video input on your tricaster?

Thanks for all of your help.

Mike

Hey folks! Just finished trying an experiment, which turned out to be quite successful, so I'm passing this on to anyone who is interested.

I have several inexpensive cameras (Panasonic HC-X900M) that have HDMI output in 1080p. (ANY video cameras can be used for the purpose, as long as they feature HDMI output.)

I purchased a NYRIUS Aries Pro Model # NPCS550, which comes complete with a small transmitter and a base receiver unit. These units claim a range of 160 feet, line of sight (but your mileage may vary). I connected the HDMI output from my little Panny camera to the input on the transmitter. The transmitter requires power, so I used a New Trent IMP52D, which is small and compact, and provides 5200 mAh of power on a charge. With both of these units together, they weigh just a few ounces, and only a single cable needs to be run from the camera to the transmitter.

The receiver runs off of an AC adapter (included), and outputs HDMI in 1080p with near zero latency. Using a Black Magic Design converter box to go from HDMI to SDI, the signal can now be routed into an input on the TriCaster (in my case, the TCXD450). The image quality is EXCELLENT!! Multiple NYRIUS transmitters can be set for different frequencies, so that each camera is dedicated to a separate wireless system.

Now you can have the freedom to roam around a venue without the hassle of cables! Or just set up the cameras in various locations on tripods and switch among them with the TriCaster, all with the freedom of not having to run cables.

Happy 'Casting!

Larry

landtroopmi
02-12-2013, 01:27 PM
One more thing Larry:

Where did you purchase all of the equipment?

Thanks - Mike

Lee-AVP
02-12-2013, 10:57 PM
The Tricaster Studio does not have SDI input; the Broadcast does. Neither will work in HD, which is what Larry was talking about. The best you could do to improve your image quality would be to send component video using all three BNC inputs.

laronson
02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Yeah, Mike.... What Lee said is correct. You really should upgrade to an HD TriCaster. The Model 40 is just under $5K, and perhaps there is still some kind of "trade-in deal" for your current box, to reduce the price of that somewhat.

Then, what you would need is a Black Magic Design box that would convert from HDMI to component video, as the TC40 does not have SDI inputs. But it SHOULD then work ("should" being the operative word!)

BTW... I purchased the Nyrius unit from Amazon-dot-com. Black Magic Design apparently does not make an "HDMI to Component converter", but Google that phrase (in quotes) and it will come up with several devices under $100 that can do the job.

Hope this helps.....