PDA

View Full Version : Modeler 11 Text Tool: Missing Fonts

Chrusion
01-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Anyone know why Modeler doesn't show one of my installed OTF fonts in the text tool's selection dropdown list? I have Trajan Pro installed (Win 7 x64) since like forever, but it doesn't appear in the tool along with 100's of other OTF and TTF fonts and I NEED this font NOW!!!

nickdigital
01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
As a work around can you do the text in Illustrator and import the eps? Don't know the answer to your Text tool problem but I also don't use it that much.

erikals
01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
if you don't have illustrator, you can also use photoshop, create selections, make path.
export ai file.

erikals
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
might wanna see these vidz too > http://www.youtube.com/user/erikalst/videos?query=text

Chrusion
01-31-2013, 02:46 PM
<smacks forehead> Yeeeeeaaahhh... forgot about Illustrator, duh. Even better as the logo typesetting has already been done. Still odd that Modeler is skipping this and probably other fonts. I've read posts about the 'add TTF' option being eliminated cuz LW scans all installed OTF and TTF system fonts to build its list, but the 'add postscript' remains. Who uses that ancient format anyway?

Matt
01-31-2013, 06:33 PM
I don't think Modeler supports OpenType fonts currently, unless I'm horribly mistaken.

Chrusion
01-31-2013, 10:36 PM
You mis-read my OP. I have 236 OTFs and 97 TTFs. Modeler sees all but about a dozen or two of the OTFs just fine (no, they are not duplicated in TTF).

kyuzo
07-19-2013, 02:44 AM
This issue must go back a few years as I've got a similar situation with LW 9.6 and Windows 7.

I really needed to use the font Perpetua. I have regular, bold, italic, and italic bold versions on my PC. Lightwave only sees the italic version, and I cannot see any way to add the others. They're all .TTF files.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any solutions.

Derek

ecsegar
07-20-2013, 10:17 AM
I gave up on the lightwave text tool, ... last time I ended up using one of the free 3d apps to make my text and exported it as an obj.