PDA

View Full Version : Setting up file structure for multiple projects

raw-m
01-31-2013, 05:02 AM
What's the most efficient way of setting up the file structure for multiple projects, specifically with an eye to rendering using LWSN?

With my current setup I have a "3d" folder. In that I have a "Projects" folder that contains different projects (surprise!) and in each of these is my Scene/Object/Images.... etc. Also in my "3d" folder is my Commands directory folder, a generic place where all the Screamernet jobs are created (so I don't have to change the job/ack paths for every job) and a few other bits and bobs.

I render most stuff locally, so render farms over many computer is not an issue. Is there a better way?

nickdigital
01-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Your setup is probably fine. I think the important part would be being able to change content directories easily.

raw-m
01-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Cheers ND. I was wondering if creating one Scene/Object/Image directory at the top level and creating project names within those might be more useful. It would mean a lot of folders with the same names and possibly difficult to follow, but would it be better when it comes to LWSNing.....

nickdigital
01-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Cheers ND. I was wondering if creating one Scene/Object/Image directory at the top level and creating project names within those might be more useful. It would mean a lot of folders with the same names and possibly difficult to follow, but would it be better when it comes to LWSNing.....

I'd say no, it's makes transporting projects more difficult.