PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Top menu bar Pulldown menu plugin.. Anyone?

xevious2501
01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Ok i remember an old free plugin 'someone' created that enabled lightwave layout's Upper menu bar to function as a pulldown menu.

Does anyone recall or possibly have that old plugin?

I had it, lost it and was never able to find it again.

xevious.

nickdigital
01-31-2013, 12:00 AM
What does this plugin do?

xevious2501
01-31-2013, 08:56 AM
It enable Layouts upper menu bar, to function as a pull-down menu, (lightwave actually doesn't have true pull-down menus. it has click select menu's.) Or in lames terms If you click a selection in the top menu, say..'setup' the feature for setup is displayed on an updated sidebar.' It doesn't actually open a new window directly below 'setup' where as you slide the cursor down and select the item in the list. (a traditional pull-down/Drop-down menu). some years ago (back in the FLAY website days) someone actually wrote a plugin that enabled lightwaves top menu bars to function as traditional pull-down/drop down menu.

I had it then lost it, and was wondering if anyone else had it.
And yes it was free.

And yes i well aware of the cntrl shift mouse selections. thing is, it only gives certain options.

nickdigital
01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Hm, you got me. With Flay gone I'm sure there are a lot of plugin gems that are lost to the void now.

stiff paper
01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
With Flay gone I'm sure there are a lot of plugin gems that are lost to the void now.
Nah, I just looked at my backed-up list of Flay's plugins. 1616 plugins, but nothing like this menu plugin.

I've never heard of it either, for what that's worth (although I have been around for a while...)

@xevious - You can completely reconfigure the marker menus so they're all your own. Would that help?

nickdigital
01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Nah, I just looked at my backed-up list of Flay's plugins. 1616 plugins, but nothing like this menu plugin.

Ok you hear that everyone. Cardboard is the new Flay. Lol

But seriously, are saying you have all the files that were ever hosted on Flay or just the plugin info entries?

WilliamVaughan
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
You could just configure teh side menu to host ALL of the tools in dropdown menus and never have to click on a single tab.

Nicolas Jordan
01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
I use the method shown in the video in my signature for quick access to custom menus. It might work as a possible alternative. I've never heard of that plugin before.

WilliamVaughan
01-31-2013, 01:23 PM

Here you go

stiff paper
01-31-2013, 01:50 PM
are saying you have all the files that were ever hosted on Flay?

Who, me?

Nooo, no, no, no.

xevious2501
01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
LMAO !!!! Cardboard is the new Flay. Lol

Dude! I dunno how many Flay days plugins i have on hard drives (that i currently have no access too.) but man.. 1616 plugins is a goldmine.

Kinda proves my rants about lightwave not having many native features it shouldve had years ago.

As for the plugin in question. All i remember was that it came outa no where, i tried it, loved it and then PooF it was gone.
And somehow it got all lost. sucks cause it mentally see the thing as clear as day.

It couldve been of japanese origin, but to be honest i dont think so. I also believe it was created by a Max/LW artist.
Anyways ill continue the hunt. Now im feeling all nostalgic about the good old Flay days.

And while were at it, Whats Up with LW 11.5? am i the only one DIEing to see this thing.

Thanks

xevious2501
01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
WOW its out!!! yyyyeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!
Time to get all broke.. fast!!

art
02-01-2013, 09:35 AM
I also made a backup of flay.com's plugin database, but info pages only, NOT the actual plugin files. Some of the plugins were direct downloads from flay.com and they may be lost for eternity, but many were links to authors' sites. If those links still work you can probably get the plugins.