PDA

View Full Version : Disc Tool

ednachman
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
I am attempting to create a disc that is one inch long with a diameter of .125 inches. It doesn't matter which axis because I can always rotate the disc. I have been using the "numeric" system. My knowledge of what goes where is limited because every time I enter information, the "numeric" fogs out; not blanks out like a completed object. What settings should I use and where? Any help is appreciated.

nickdigital
01-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Make sure your unit settings are set to 'English' and Default Unit is 'Inches'.
When activating the disc tool I'd set one of the ends to be at 0 so you can set the opposite side to be 1" long.
Diameter is twice the radius. So in the radius field you could do .125"/2.

ednachman
01-30-2013, 05:50 PM
Thank you, I'm on my way.

tburbage
01-30-2013, 10:42 PM
You may not have properly activated the tool at the start. After selecting Create > Primitives > Disc, try then either clicking in one of the ortho viewports to activate, which hints the tool regarding the axis you want to draw from (in the case of a cylinder, the plane on which you want to define the "end" or "cap" of the shape), or you can hit the "n" key.

tburbage
01-30-2013, 10:43 PM
You may not have properly activated the tool at the start. After selecting Create > Primitives > Disc, try then either clicking in one of the ortho viewports to activate, which hints the tool regarding the axis you want to draw from (in the case of a cylinder, the plane on which you want to define the "end" or "cap" of the shape), or you can hit the "n" key.