PDA

View Full Version : MatchMover to LW Scene help

ChrisW
01-30-2013, 01:34 PM
I posted a comment over in the Mac section, but wanted as many eyes on this as possible. we just installed Maya Entertainment suite and I tried MatchMover for the first time. Even though it says it can export to .lws, I get a "Can't open file..." message when I try to save a .lws from MatchMover, and an "Unknown scene file format" when I try to open the resulting file in LW.
Has anyone else had these issues? Someone else mentioned exporting to .ma then getting a plugin to go from .ma to .lws, but since .lws is a selection right in MatchMover, I naively sssume that you can, indeed, save directly to a .lws file...

I am only doing the tutorial now, nothing advanced.

thanks for any help!

drako
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
For some reason it only supports more autodesk formats but its very weird because it makes the same with xsi files.
Thats why i use Syntheyes.....Try to save in Maya and send it to Lightwave via FBX from Maya...
Be carefull to use the 2012 preset in the FBX for being more sure.
cheers.....

ChrisW
02-01-2013, 05:41 AM
Drako thanks for your response. I tried the maya through fbx to LW scenario, no luck.Very frustrating, everything points to an Autodesk issue, and from what I see on the forums there, they aren't very responsive. I've found other posts there with the same issue going back over a year with no assist or resolution offered by Autodesk.
Is there anybody out there that has had success with MatchMover and Lightwave?