PDA

View Full Version : No Multi Shift?

Tony3d
01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
What happened to Multishift in 11.03? I can't find it?

Spinland
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM

UnCommonGrafx
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Tony,
Are you on a mac? At work I am and I lose plugins all the time. That is to say, for a while, I would start to teach multishift and no one had it, like your situation. For whatever reason, we were losing some plugins, but not all.
Rescan your plugs and you should be alright for a bit.

Tony3d
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Yes I had to reload it. Thanks to all. Now I just wish I could get this modeling question answered. I have it in Lightwave community, but I'm getting nowhere with it. Here's the link.
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?133118-Need-Help-With-Contour-Please

Tony3d
01-30-2013, 02:21 PM

I guess I just don't know enough about Lightwave to do this. I have to figure out something. My head hurts.

Veloci
05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
I am also having this problem, and scanning the plugins folder didn't make multishift appear in the correct menu. I can't find it anywhere.

tburbage
05-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Sometimes the easiest way to find something in LW is to use the menu configuration system. Alt+F10, click the [Search] button, enter "multishift", then [OK]. If that doesn't find it, then it must not be loaded. If it does find it, then click the [Find] button to show you where in the menu structure it has been placed (it can be multiple places..., keep clicking [Find]...) In my 11.5 standard menu, it is under Multiply > Extend. Looking in the Edit Plug-ins list, the tool itself is defined in ModelerTools.p. If you don't see a reference to ModelerTools.p in the plugins list, something is definitely amiss because it is a standard/built-in plugin.

Veloci
05-24-2013, 09:20 PM
It was placed under "Modeling Tools", which I can't seem to find anywhere either. =P

This copy of LW is proving to be a lemon.....

Silkrooster
05-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Usually when tools are not in there proper location or missing all together, it is a sign of a corrupt preference file. Most of the time resetting the menu preset is enough to reset the tools. However if all else fails, you can delete the preference files and let lightwave recreate them. This issue pop ups from time to time on the forum, when someone is upgrading lightwave. Under the right circumstances it will read the older version's preference file instead of the one created at the time of the install.
If it is a point upgrade thats usually what you want, since it will not disturb your settings. But on a full version, odds are the user wants the new preference file so they can see the new tools.

Tony3d
05-27-2013, 04:29 PM
It's been fine after reassciating it with a menu item.

Veloci
05-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Usually when tools are not in there proper location or missing all together, it is a sign of a corrupt preference file. Most of the time resetting the menu preset is enough to reset the tools. However if all else fails, you can delete the preference files and let lightwave recreate them. This issue pop ups from time to time on the forum, when someone is upgrading lightwave. Under the right circumstances it will read the older version's preference file instead of the one created at the time of the install.
If it is a point upgrade thats usually what you want, since it will not disturb your settings. But on a full version, odds are the user wants the new preference file so they can see the new tools.

How would I go about finding the preference files and deleting/updating them?

Matt
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
How would I go about finding the preference files and deleting/updating them?

https://www.lightwave3d.com/support/faq/installation/?t=4;i=10;#installing-lightwave-10

Silkrooster
05-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks Matt, I am sure he didn't want to wait for me to log on. LOL.

Veloci
05-30-2013, 02:35 AM
https://www.lightwave3d.com/support/faq/installation/?t=4;i=10;#installing-lightwave-10

I think I might know what's causing problems. I have files in the LIghtwave folder for both 11.0 and 11.5. Should I delete EVERYTHING in the 11.0 folder? Or should I delete those file names in the 11.5 folder like the thread suggests? I don't want to mess anything up that I can't fix.

Veloci
05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
I got my multishift back! I deleted the listed files in both the 11.5 and 11.0 folder because I realized I could drag them back from my recycle bin if it messed anything up. Launched Modeler, looked under "More" beneath Smooth Shift, and there's Multishift.

Thanks guys.