PDA

View Full Version : Secondary record audio?

Longwood video
01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Hi there,

We have an 855 Extreme for sports production. I'm using the Secondary Record configuration to record an isolated camera. Is there a way to send audio to the record? I'd like to get Program audio or at least the embedded SDI camera audio. We just use the DDR as a replay device and after the game add the Secondary Records as a melt.

Thanks,
Gary

SBowie
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
We have an 855 Extreme ...Hi Gary. Not to be pedantic, but just for clarity, you've either got an "850 EXTREME" or an "855". They aren't quite the same thing. :p

I'm using the Secondary Record configuration to record an isolated camera. Is there a way to send audio to the record? I'd like to get Program audio or at least the embedded SDI camera audio.If the audio for the camera input is properly set up, and you record the iso camera directly (as opposed to assigning it to Aux and recording that), you'll get the audio from the camera in the recording.

So, for example - if video input 4 is an SDI camera, and you a) set input 4 to SDI in the Audio Mixer, and b) set up Camera 7 as a secondary Record source, the sound from the SDI input will be in the file.