PDA

View Full Version : Delete surfaces

Hail
01-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Would be nice if we had the ability to delete surfaces in the surface editor.
Currently, there is no intuitive way of deleting a surface which is just
a bit awkward.:(

Waves of light
01-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Would be nice if we had the ability to delete surfaces in the surface editor.
Currently, there is no intuitive way of deleting a surface which is just
a bit awkward.:(

Yep, there's nothing to do that inside of Modeler that I know about. But if you change any part to a new surface, save, close and reopen you file, it will delete any unused surfaces.

Hail
01-30-2013, 04:31 AM
if you change any part to a new surface, save, close and reopen you file, it will delete any unused surfaces.

I know about that but a delete button/key would be more intuitive, the current workaround of "change a surface, save, close and open the object to have a surface deleted is quiet odd and definitely not the kind of workflow those flocking in from AD and other camps would expect to see in lw.

Waves of light
01-30-2013, 05:02 AM
I know about that but a delete button/key would be more intuitive, the current workaround of "change a surface, save, close and open the object to have a surface deleted is quiet odd and definitely not the kind of workflow those flocking in from AD and other camps would expect to see in lw.

I totally agree. One can only hope that a plugin is developed or a new feature introduced.

3DGFXStudios
01-30-2013, 05:34 AM
"Delete unused surfaces" would be nice.

Waves of light
01-30-2013, 05:37 AM
"Delete unused surfaces" would be nice.

That, given some of the amazing plugins produced by the likes of Denis, can't be that hard.

Hail
01-30-2013, 06:14 AM
yeah.. a "simple delete" button on the surface editor would great!
Still beats me; how could they forget to add something this important?:devil:

nickdigital
01-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Use this.
http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/DeleteUnusedSurfaces

Waves of light
01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Use this.
http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/DeleteUnusedSurfaces

I stand corrected. Thanks Nick for the link.