PDA

View Full Version : Liam Rig: New Fully Rigged Character for Download

WilliamVaughan
01-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Itís been way too long since I last posted any goodies for the community, so I thought it was perfect timing to release a new rigged character. Head on over to my site, pushingpoints.com to grab Liam, a fully textured and rigged character waiting to be animated.

I look forward to seeing what the community creates with him. Enjoy!

http://www.pushingpoints.com/

regular
01-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Thank you sir!
(hand salute)

Simon-S
01-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Nice character. :)

50one
01-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Really nice! Promise to download and play alter on with this.
Nice resemblance to the real character!

lardbros
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Ooh, thanks William!!! :D Love pulling your scenes and characters apart :D

OnlineRender
01-28-2013, 11:46 AM
awesome always loves playing with kurts rigs would sit perfect here also ;P http://lightwiki.com/downloads

- - - Updated - - -

awesome always loves playing with kurts rigs would sit perfect here also ;P http://lightwiki.com/downloads

Waves of light
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Cheers William for the rig, will enjoy playing with it.

EDIT: Sorry, also thanks to Kurt for the rig setup.

chikega
01-28-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm TAKEN ;)

SteveH
01-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks to al the artists involved for their generosity!

Waves of light
01-29-2013, 06:13 AM
Wow, just opened and had a quick play. That is a very nice, yet complex rig.

My does Kurt prefer the bone type 'Joint' over 'Z axis', are there any advantages/disadvantages over this method?

mosconariz
01-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Great character and great rig!

Some say they saw Liam arguing in a bar... :thumbsup:

OnlineRender
01-29-2013, 05:01 PM
nice render

BigHache
01-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Great looking model. I hope you don't mind if I think of it to myself as the 9th Doctor though.

WilliamVaughan
01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Sweet pose and render... looking forward to seeing more with this guy!

mosconariz
01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Sweet pose and render... looking forward to seeing more with this guy!
Duuude, your character is great! Thanks to you all! I'm always struggling in trying to made my own models but is in the rigging where I always fell. But here is Liam, ready to go. I'm really happy with the style and possibillities of the character, I think I will animate a little monologue :D

rcallicotte
01-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Thank you William! You were one of the reasons I chose Lightwave.

shadowlock
01-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Great looking model. I hope you don't mind if I think of it to myself as the 9th Doctor though.

I was about to go look for a pic of the Doc and then I saw your post :thumbsup:

lino.grandi
01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Amazing model, amazing rig. Awesome.

djwaterman
01-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the link to your site William, and the links to others I'd never known about.

The Scientist
02-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Hey Waves, there are a few reasons I will use joints instead of bones in a rig.

I will use a chain of joints if I want access to the Twist option in the bone properties, which is based on the bank of the joint after the deformer and will evenly distribute twist along the deformer (this comes in handy for forearms, thighs, etc).
Also, a chain of joints is different from a chain of bones in that joints will base Muscle Flexing, Parental Muscle Flexing, Joint Compensation, Parental Joint Compensation, etc on the angle between two joints as opposed to only the pitch axis of a bone.

I will use joints by themselves (with no deformer in between) to have a more uniform falloff than a single z-axis bone, which has a more cone-like falloff causing the tip of the bone to be more powerful than the pivot of the bone.

That being said, I typically will use z-axis bones for most things unless I find a need to switch them to joints.

Hope that helps,
Kurt

Waves of light
02-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Hey Waves, there are a few reasons I will use joints instead of bones in a rig.

I will use a chain of joints if I want access to the Twist option in the bone properties, which is based on the bank of the joint after the deformer and will evenly distribute twist along the deformer (this comes in handy for forearms, thighs, etc).
Also, a chain of joints is different from a chain of bones in that joints will base Muscle Flexing, Parental Muscle Flexing, Joint Compensation, Parental Joint Compensation, etc on the angle between two joints as opposed to only the pitch axis of a bone.

I will use joints by themselves (with no deformer in between) to have a more uniform falloff than a single z-axis bone, which has a more cone-like falloff causing the tip of the bone to be more powerful than the pivot of the bone.

That being said, I typically will use z-axis bones for most things unless I find a need to switch them to joints.

Hope that helps,
Kurt

What a sweet explanation, thanks Kurt.. and once again thanks for the model to play with.

lino.grandi
02-19-2013, 05:24 AM
What a sweet explanation, thanks Kurt.. and once again thanks for the model to play with.

Kurt is AWESOME.

Hail
02-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Oh how kind of you William
I'll surely be playing with this guy pretty soon!;)