PDA

View Full Version : is Spinquad really unsafe?

gravin
01-26-2013, 05:10 PM
I frequently find myself making my way to the SpinQuad forums when I'm searching Google for information about Lightwave and Lightwave plugins but I can never access them because they have been flagged as dangerous by Google. I'm not looking to stir up any bad blood I just want to know if I should completely avoid the site because it has been compromised or would compromise my computer or if this warning can be ignored.

OnlineRender
01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
not that I am aware ... its been flagged a few times however i believe its just not been corrected on there side.
I belive its safe however its completely at your own risk

sandman300
01-26-2013, 11:46 PM
This whole threat thing seems to be killing Spinquads, as it appears that traffic there has fallen to about zero. It looks like months since anyone has posted.

Silkrooster
01-27-2013, 01:23 AM
There are a few of us who still roam there. To my knowledge its up to the owner to contact Google to update the listing, but it looks like they haven't done it yet. We haven't seen any issues using the site.

vector
01-27-2013, 03:03 AM
It's a pity... a lot of interesting info there. I used to post there before all this flags

OnlineRender
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
I think in general most boards are silent and if anything if someone wants to ask a question you generally get a quicker response here ... our boards are dead also although we have cgnetwork which is 10 more powerful in terms of forum functionality also didnt help the boards where closed for a few months however I would love to see more interaction...

we also implemented old_skool irc chat :) http://lightwiki.com/forum/index http://lightwiki.com/chat

realgray
01-27-2013, 11:04 AM
someone should try to reach out to the LW artists whose work is up their and get them in the LW gallery. Some really excellent work has been posted there over the years.

prometheus
01-28-2013, 04:41 AM
yes ..these warnings and actuall attacks on the site before made me drop visiting there, then also some other stuff going on
with conflictīs between wes and some others made it become less attractive somehow.

I still get that error to be unsafe, if the web masters canīt figure a way to fix those error warnings, why visit it..seems they donīt bother about getting
the site correct.

Michael

Silkrooster
01-30-2013, 10:39 PM
If you did not know, Wes sold Spinquad to Dave School. So there is no issue there any more as far as the site is concerned. I think the school is still in learning mode. I hope...

Darksuit
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
if I currently try and go to the spinquad.com/forums site, I am redirected to Amazon.com for a book on modeling. Looks like the basic site for SpinQuad.com is gone. completely. That said, If I go directly to the IP for the spinQuad site, I get their Apache is working index.

GandB
02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
If Wes is truly gone from the site entirely; I might visit again....assuming they get these things taken care of.

jeric_synergy
02-01-2013, 09:44 PM
rather than trying to pump life into that zombie, why not head over to Liberty3d.com's forums and post there?

jeric_synergy
02-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Rather than trying to pump life into that zombie, why not head over to Liberty3d.com's forums and post there?

Cat's been a stalwart developer, evangelist and LW artist protector, so frequenting his forum seems like a good idea.

AbstractTech3D
02-02-2013, 09:49 PM
…deleted post

Spinquad site seems dead.

Did any body happen to leech the whole site first? - lest all that knowledge go to an electron grave

t4d
02-02-2013, 11:19 PM
same thing happened to XSIbase ,. these guys who do this suck, alot of really good info it being taken away from the internet...

OnlineRender
02-03-2013, 04:15 AM
…deleted post

Spinquad site seems dead.

Did any body happen to leech the whole site first? - lest all that knowledge go to an electron grave

use the wayback machine

OnlineRender
02-03-2013, 10:12 AM
edit ... I just hope there fixing out the spam issue and the site is not gone ...

monovich
02-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Funny.. the site is down now.

Related topic, what is the best place to resell models I've created?

OnlineRender
02-05-2013, 01:57 AM
I suppose turbosquid is probably the most mainstream ,we set up an asset store in where it gives each user a store "Kinda like ebay for models " but never really pushed it so we just hide all the code..