PDA

View Full Version : RH Exporter Skeleton (preview)

RebelHill
01-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Hey all...

SO, Im at it again, expanding RHiggit with new, useful and sought after features... This time, its an export skeleton tool to create robust and customisable deform skeleton structures for exporting your animated characters to other apps, primarily... game engines like Unity, etc.

Obviously, different engines/target platforms will require you to produce skeletons of different bone numbers or configurations, and so the builder allows for this with a set of easily set options. Ofc, there are some great lil tricks and setups in RHiggit deform structures, like spacers for shoulders, or muscle bones in the advanced deform rigs, and (if your project allows for it) there are options to allow you to take all this extra deformation structure over also. In short, for anyone looking to be able to easily and reliably send character animation work produced in LW elsewhere outside of LW, this tool is gonna offer the functionality you just won't be able to get anywhere else, with all the speed and ease of use that RHiggit has always offered.

If any existing RHiggit owners wanna give this thing a spin in the meantime, I can put up a beta version in the next couple of days for you to have a go with... just gimme a shout at the usual places to let me know you want in.

Cheers.

drako
01-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Beta pleaseeeeeeeeeeee......

chikega
01-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Same here :)

Hail
01-27-2013, 03:14 AM
yessss! beta nowwwww..

Waves of light
01-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Interesting.

GraphXs
01-27-2013, 08:42 AM
I'll give it a go! So what is the steps to get it into unity? I usually just use FBX. Does this bake down the IK info and other modifiers that the rig uses so in Unity it will look correct?

RebelHill
01-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Well all the IK and other control mechanisms are in the control rig, this skeleton just binds on top of that... and then after baking motions, just use whatever exporter, such as fbx, ogre, or whatever one for the destination engine.

Simon-S
01-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Beta +1 :)

RebelHill
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Beta Up

Ok... so the beta for this is available for y'all now...

www.rebelhill.net/RHiggit/Pro/DL/rhiggit14beta.zip

You'll want your user/pass that you used to get your original download to access.

Let me know your thoughts, cheers.

Rocky5
01-29-2013, 03:54 AM
What does the word 'lil' mean??? Find it hard to understand... Is it English?

lardbros
01-29-2013, 04:21 AM
He means little... I think it's just a kind of Americanism, also y'all is something you should know about being from Texas, ha! :D

Nice tools though Rebel! :D

RebelHill
02-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Beta 2 up...

Ok... fixed some issues, added some features... download here as before...

http://www.rebelhill.net/RHiggit/Pro/DL/rhiggit14beta2.zip

cheers

sami
02-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Beta 2 up...

Ok... fixed some issues, added some features... download here as before...

http://www.rebelhill.net/RHiggit/Pro/DL/rhiggit14beta2.zip

cheers

Thanks (as always) for an awesome product and excellent & friendly service!

jasonwestmas
06-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi RH, was this ever released or still WIP? Looks nice. I can't seem to find it in the latest Rhiggit menu. I believe you emailed me the latest version.

Also, is there a rig that is designed to work with this bone exporter, specifically for use with a game engine?

sami
06-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Hi RH, was this ever released or still WIP? Looks nice. I can't seem to find it in the latest Rhiggit menu. I believe you emailed me the latest version.

Also, is there a rig that is designed to work with this bone exporter, specifically for use with a game engine?

Yes, this was released and I have used it quite successfully. So far I've been only using the Standard rig (middle one I think) that has shoulder and leg rolls and finger bones. It worked quite well for me. I have a checklist of how I used it if you need any pointers. Otherwise i imagine RH can help and provide the later update for you.

I am very happy with the control and the export and how well it worked in the game engine.

jasonwestmas
06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Cool, thanks for replying Sami. I take it the bone exporter is inside the Rhiggit plugin itself or is it a separate plugin? I've been hunting around in the latest version of the rhiggit menu but can't seem to find it.

RebelHill
06-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Its a separate plugin, which is ofc included in the 1.4 pack... it should be there if you add the contained plugs, and load the new menus... you can see the process all in action here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSphZ_px_9Y&list=PLC83EB6DA467BCDFA&index=5

jasonwestmas
06-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Gosh, my eyes must've been really sore yesterday lol. Found it, thanks!