PDA

View Full Version : Trouble on board

Pensart
02-09-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi there,

Might i suggest to put a email on the board where we could write to in case we have problems like for example, not able to post something or the pictures dont show up etc...

Here is a problem i'm having.
I also had have this problem on the cgtalk forum but after an email i wrote they fixed it.
When i click on a post in the galery section for example. Then i dont see the pictures in the post but i do have to click on a link to see the attachements?
If this helps, i'm using OSX.

Simon
02-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Yes that seems to have changed for me as well. Yesterday when I was looking through the site it was displaying the pictures in the actual post, now it just shows as an attachment link for me too. I'm sure I haven't changed anything in my profile:confused:

Simon.

WizCraker
02-09-2003, 09:37 AM
The moderators or admin changed the forum rules. Guess they are trying to force to click links. personaly that is lame.

Tommi
02-09-2003, 11:00 AM
That's something to encourage us to link to our own webspaces for images. Using the IMG tag we don't need to click any links, the referred image will be viewed in the post...

Skonk
02-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Could it be to do with the fact that if u post an image wider than 500 pixels it distorts the page so now u click it and it opens in its own window.

James..

WizCraker
02-09-2003, 03:02 PM
It is because of this [follow the link], you will notice it is located at the bottom of the page it shows that tag is turned off.

[IMG]http://www.imagereality.com/Images/NewtekImages/ForumRulesThatSuck.jpg

Skonk
02-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Lol, no my point was, perhaps its been turned off due to the fact that images over 500 pixels wide mess up the page layout and having them open in a new window solves the problem, so u can now post images any size u want without the pages looking wrong.

James..

Judas cow
02-09-2003, 05:15 PM
There's a way to make it so that if someone posts an image that is larger than the forum's default size, only the post with the image will be large and the rest will remain at 500 pixels wide.

Newtek, you guys should definitely implement that.

Chuck
02-10-2003, 08:32 AM
SpankDaddy is correct that we've taken the temporary step of turning off the IMG tags to work on the best solution to the problem of the NewTek masthead display up top getting messy when an image that is too wide is posted.

We're still in test-run mode with the new software, learning the ins-and-outs, so please bear with us as we work these things out.

Alec Trevelyan
02-10-2003, 10:29 AM
there's definitekly a hack for vB that allows the masthead to remain static while allowing individual messages to expand to show full images. You could also require that all users post thumbnails. It's actually quite simple, you just upload both image files, then insert the following code: [url=insert url of large pic, no spaces]url of thumbnail[/ url]

remember that there should be NO spaces at all;)