PDA

View Full Version : Weird Render behaviour.

Albertdup
01-24-2013, 05:39 AM
Hi

I am having some strange render errors. First up is if I enable Global Illumination speed is really slow, it takes 158.5 sec to compute Radiosity compared to 6.4 sec when I bake the frame. Render then takes 201.1 sec to complete. When I bake the Radiosity it shows GI time 0.1 sec, indicating its using the cache. Then nothing just one thin line appearing in render preview for around 30 sec and then suddenly render takes off and it finish in 158.6 sec. Disabling Radiosity the same setup takes 24.9 sec to render.

Second is when I enable motion blur, one of my video textures disappears. It renders fine without motion blur. I also get some weird noise beneath the helicopter. I copied the item with the boy and moved it backwards and only changed the video file texture all settings is the same and both is parented to the helicopter. See samples. Any suggestions will be appreciated.110570110571110572110573

RebelHill
01-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Well ofc its gonna be slower with rad than without... so Im not sure why you'd think that's odd. As for the "hang" when using cache... The cache only stores illumination info, so anything else going on, like reflections/refractions/etc have to be recomputed... the apparent hang is just this happening, as you can see from your times, you're still getting overall faster result with cache than without. More inf on rad, chace, etc... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YFZ2av-BLg

As for the MB errors... no clue.

Albertdup
01-24-2013, 06:01 AM
RebelHill

I realise Radiosity will take longer to render I was just surprised in the speed difference between baking 6.4sec and calculating at render 158.5. Thats what I meant with slower. I replaced the back video item, created a new one and now the girl does not dissapear anymore. Thanks for the input and the link. Learned some new stuff.