PDA

View Full Version : New User Observations

liquidvishn
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
AKAMAI streaming preset-
You cannot enter your STREAM ID as it is missing under the preset selection.
In order to use AKAMAI- you MUST create a new preset, which now allows you to enter the STREAM ID.

AUDIO control-
Double-click the fader/slider and it defaults to 0 level. Could this feature be applied to the PAN control?

AUDIO Volume (in PROGRAM monitor on Multiface GUI)-
Could we make this the HEADPHONE / MONITORING volume instead of MASTER control?
In the environment I work in, we use an external mixer and I - virtually - never go into the audio controller. Having a quick control to bring down my control room volume would be great to have- instead of having to select my INTERNAL AUDIO tab- than rotating the headphone volume control.

SBowie
01-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Double-click the fader/slider and it defaults to 0 level. Could this feature be applied to the PAN control?Most controls go to their defaults (for Pan.Balance, this would be 'center') when you hold Shift while double-clicking. The level sliders are a bit special. They actually default to the bottom (effectively, mute), but also support the special case for 0dB.

AUDIO Volume (in PROGRAM monitor on Multiface GUI)-
Could we make this the HEADPHONE / MONITORING volume instead of MASTER control?Well ... hmmmm. I don't think we'd want a single knob to exclusively control both, but maybe I'm misunderstanding your request?

kanep
01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
The default Akamai preset is setup for Windows Media streaming which is why you don't see SteamID. If you need do Flash, then you will need to create a new preset.

liquidvishn
01-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Kane, I knew there was a reason I use the boards :thumbsup:

Steve, maybe it was my wording ;)
I would rather have the VOLUME controller to be the HEADPHONE controller- simply because, in my configuration, the Tricaster audio input comes from the Mackie board and an audio operator- I never have to touch the Tricaster audio controls, but monitor the audio from the Tricaster (not the Mackie).