PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Move.me and Bullet Dynamics

mummyman
01-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi there. Was wondering if anyone else had tried to get this to work. Seems like a neat idea and something that would be fun to mess with. We parented a sphere to the virtual move camera, ran some dynamics on a scene, and tried to crash into the blocks to knock them over. Didn't seem to take the sphere's real-time movements into consideration for the simulation. Anyone?

Thanks

Brett

Kaptive
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
I'd assume it can't calculate it that fast (and doesn't allow for live interaction).
I suppose the only real option is to bake the motion of the sphere after a recording, set it as a kinetic object, and then enable dynamics to calculate the result, though I know this isn't what you were getting at. I just don't think that what you are proposing is possible because of the limitation of the calculation time. Cool idea though! Maybe one day, when the coding and computers get fast enough.

mummyman
01-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I'd assume it can't calculate it that fast (and doesn't allow for live interaction).
I suppose the only real option is to bake the motion of the sphere after a recording, set it as a kinetic object, and then enable dynamics to calculate the result, though I know this isn't what you were getting at. I just don't think that what you are proposing is possible because of the limitation of the calculation time. Cool idea though! Maybe one day, when the coding and computers get fast enough.

Yah.. that's kinda what I thought... figured it was worth a shot. Some of this stuff is really fun and amazing.. I'm sure it can't be that far off to do. Would be neat to get it working. Thanks for the input!

UnCommonGrafx
01-25-2013, 04:18 AM
See if it works after you turn on Live in the Virtual studio tools section.
(Saw this as a fix for interactive issues in another thread; no idea if it will work.)

Ztreem
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
If you have autokey enabled and play the timeline at the same time you can move things around and get realtime dynamics.