PDA

View Full Version : Text problems

ironwoodVideo
01-23-2013, 11:03 AM
I've brought in a graphic scoreboard that was created in Photoshop that I want the text to be editable in the live switcher window in Tricaster Studio. The scorebord is blank and I've put the text and numbers in the edit text tab but when I export to live everything is flattened and I can't change the score. When I click on the window it opens up the dialogue box to load something else. I've done it before but it doesn't seem to be working now so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The templates that come with the Tricaster Studio work but mine aren't. Any suggestions? Thanks.

SBowie
01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
You're going to want to read the manual section dealing with the "Edit Text" tab and its tools. You can't edit text in a simple bitmap image you import. You need to create a title with editable text in "Edit Text".

ironwoodVideo
01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
The image was created in Photoshop and then saved as a tiff file with an alpha channel. I loaded the tiff file into the text editor and then used the text tool in the text editor. We did it this way when we shot a volleyball game a couple of months ago and it worked fine. The manual doesn't really go into depth on this subject.

Lee-AVP
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
You then need to export the .cg file from the Text Editor. Don't export a .png graphic. The CG file will allow you to edit the text fields in the production environment.

SBowie
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
The manual doesn't really go into depth on this subject.There isn't really a lot of depth to go into. Section 9.2.2 in the copy I have covers export, including templates, which is what you want.