PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that RECENT FILES don't include "lastest incremental" filenames?

jeric_synergy
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Due to severe prudence, I save CONSTANTLY. --I remember the bad old days, kiddies.

Quite often i use SAVE INCREMENT, when I feel I've reached a good way-point in my project.

HOWEVER, next session when I go to load the latest version of my model, the RECENT FILES feature does NOT show me the latest incremental save, It shows me the last time I changed the base name of the file.

SO: why is that? Is it a bug, or is it a deliberate decision on workflow from the devs? :grumpy:

RebelHill
01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
recent files... like in most apps... lists files that have most recently been opened.

jeric_synergy
01-22-2013, 07:19 PM
0_o

That's not my experience with, say, Adobe products: If I save an image, it's at the TOP of the Recent Files list. Which is what I'd expect and coincidentally what I want: it's the most recent file I dealt with. Not the most recently one I loaded.

Neither is it true of OpenOffice Writer. Or Blender. Or SoundForge, to list 3 applications from 3 different suppliers.

NewTek got it wrong here, it's a misfeature, a design failure. :devil:

Hail
01-25-2013, 02:57 AM
0_o

That's not my experience with, say, Adobe products: If I save an image, it's at the TOP of the Recent Files list. Which is what I'd expect and coincidentally what I want: it's the most recent file I dealt with. Not the most recently one I loaded.

Neither is it true of OpenOffice Writer. Or Blender. Or SoundForge, to list 3 applications from 3 different suppliers.

+1!
I agree.. this needs some fixing!

jwiede
01-25-2013, 04:02 PM
0_o

True, though I'm not sure I'd recommend holding your breath waiting for a fix.

jeric_synergy
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
OTOH, it's one that doesn't require a rocket scientist to fix. :\

jwiede
01-25-2013, 07:53 PM
OTOH, it's one that doesn't require a rocket scientist to fix. :\
I'm not saying it won't be fixed, just that historically many of those kinds of mid-pri, low-sev bugs tended to slip through the cracks. There's nothing I'd like more than to see a concerted effort to fix most such "primarily fit & polish" bugs, as while they might be minor individually, I do think they play a significant role in why potential customers so frequently cite UI/UX issues as prominent in their negative perceptions of LW -- "death by a thousand little cuts", as it were.

jeric_synergy
01-26-2013, 02:02 AM
...... historically many of those kinds of mid-pri, low-sev bugs tended to slip through the cracks. There's nothing I'd like more than to see a concerted effort to fix most such "primarily fit & polish" bugs, as while they might be minor individually, I do think they play a significant role in why potential customers so frequently cite UI/UX issues as prominent in their negative perceptions of LW -- "death by a thousand little cuts", as it were.
I couldn't agree more.

I suspect a lot of this little crap could be addressed/replaced with more effective script versions of these features.