PDA

View Full Version : LiveText Disconnected from TriCaster

nedb
01-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Before our basketball game Friday, LiveText (with DataLink) would not connect to TriCaster (855). Nothing I did could 'connect' to the TriCaster. I reinstalled LiveText 2.1 and the new iVGA PRO. Same problems. Any suggestions?

SBowie
01-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Does iVGA connect, and LiveText doesn't - or do neither of them connect?

nedb
01-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Does iVGA connect, and LiveText doesn't - or do neither of them connect?

LiveText says it is Disconnected (upper right of LiveText menu). When we ran the old iVGA, the TC855 could see the computer but not the CG graphics. When we removed the old iVGA and installed the new iVGA PRO, it could not find a TriCaster?

SBowie
01-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Hmmm. For starters, you may want to check your network setting on the TriCaster, and make sure it is not set to "Public".

CWaddington
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Also worth checking to see if a Firewall has been enabled on either system. On TriCaster it's disabled by default but I'd double check and make sure its not been enabled by mistake.

Lee-AVP
01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Hmmm. For starters, you may want to check your network setting on the TriCaster, and make sure it is not set to "Public".

This.

Does anyone know what the behavior of the Tricaster is when you roll in to a new venue, connect to the network, but don't exit to Windows? I can't recall if we get the "Home/Office/Public" option as a popup, or what?

liquidvishn
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Word from a reliable Newtekie- are you running version 2.12 or 2.1?

Apparently 2.1 did not have this issue- rollback possible?

nedb
01-28-2013, 01:00 PM

The network that we upload the stream on is PUBLIC. It is a wired network connection and there is only one connection port and that is in the broadcast booth. No-one else can see that connection. CWaddington (see post below) mentioned to check the Firewall on my systems. It was disabled on the TriCaster but was enabled on the LiveText (external) computer. Since your posts, I have disabled the firewall on both computers (TriCaster and LiveText), removed the old iVGA and installed the iVGA Pro computer and all is well. LiveText now works as advertised...

Steve... the TriCaster is still on a Public network. Do you see any problems given that I am the only connection to that network? Also, I will check which version of LiveText I haveó2.1 or 2.12. Do you know of any problems with the latest as mentioned in this string (below)?

nedb
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Also worth checking to see if a Firewall has been enabled on either system. On TriCaster it's disabled by default but I'd double check and make sure its not been enabled by mistake.

Thank you for this suggestion. Firewall is now deselected on laptop. LiveText makes connection to TriCaster now. Don't know if Firewall was on before but this no one would have gone and made changes? The only difference was that we switched to iVGA PRO?

SBowie
01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Steve... the TriCaster is still on a Public network. Do you see any problems given that I am the only connection to that network? Also, I will check which version of LiveText I haveó2.1 or 2.12. Do you know of any problems with the latest as mentioned in this string (below)?As far as I know, the changes to LT were pretty trivial for most people (probably why I wasn't asked to do a readme). I think that as long as neither TriCaster nor the LT client is marked as Public, you should be ok.

Lee-AVP
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Almost certainly, Livetext was listed as exception in your Firewall settings, while LiveText Pro was not.

nedb
02-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Word from a reliable Newtekie- are you running version 2.12 or 2.1?

Apparently 2.1 did not have this issue- rollback possible?

Thanks for the tip.... We reinstalled LT v2.1 (we had updated to v2.12) and now works fine!!! The problem appears to be the Daktronics All Sport CG. If I update LT to 2.12 then the CG has to have a firmware upgrade from Daktonics.

nedb
02-04-2013, 09:26 PM
As far as I know, the changes to LT were pretty trivial for most people (probably why I wasn't asked to do a readme). I think that as long as neither TriCaster nor the LT client is marked as Public, you should be ok.

Hi Steve... I think that everything is resolved... As I mentioned before, I reinstalled LiveText 2.1 and it worked albeit with some quirks. Today, I contacted Daktronics and found out that they have a firmware upgrade for the All Sport CG. The old version number was v2.0 and the new firmware version is v2.5. I then reinstalled LiveText 2.12 (I think DataLink remains unchanged at v3.0) and the latest iVGA Pro. Works smooth as silk and dare I say, faster!

FYI... Daktronics will have to remotely access your computer that has the All Sport CG connected to it and they will install the update.

Thanks all

SBowie
02-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Hi Steve... I think that everything is resolved... As I mentioned before, I reinstalled LiveText 2.1 and it worked albeit with some quirks. Today, I contacted Daktronics and found out that they have a firmware upgrade for the All Sport CG.Glad it worked out. Your original post indicated you were having trouble connecting to TriCaster ("Before our basketball game Friday, LiveText (with DataLink) would not connect to TriCaster (855)"). I'd have expected the Daktronics firmware changes to prevent connecting to the Daktronics board, which is why I was looking for a network issue, sorry.