PDA

View Full Version : Render setting in Layout Version 11

Danakinobi
01-19-2013, 02:45 AM
I am using Lightwave Ver. 11

Is there a way to save the Render Global settings? Once I set the Camera, lights, Global illumination, and Render... I would like to be able to start a new project with the same settings every time I launch Layout, without having to set them all over again. :lwicon:

3DGFXStudios
01-19-2013, 03:28 AM
No you can't. Some settings related to rendering can be set in the preferences. That's all. You can make a Default scene that you open every time you make a new scene.

Hail
01-19-2013, 04:12 AM
This is your best bet!
Thanks to Johan Steen :)
Cheers!!
http://www.artstorm.net/journal/2010/03/render-presets-lightwave-3d/

zardoz
01-19-2013, 04:37 AM
or you can create a default.lws with the settings you want and place it in the scenes folder of your project content. Every time lightwave opens or when you clear the scene it will load this default.lws.

3DGFXStudios
01-19-2013, 08:42 AM
oh Thats a nice plug! Never heard of it.

Afalk
01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Started using Johan's plugin recently -- talka bout a life-saver! :D

Ryan Roye
01-19-2013, 11:38 AM
I'll have to give that plugin a whirl. I often find myself messing with render globals to create one or more of the following:

-Filler quickshade frames for sfx/post production reference
-Half res detail render (640x360) to check texture, surface, and FX behavior in motion.
-Full detail render (1280x720)

Having presets for these is going to be quite handy.

Danakinobi
01-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Cool, thanks. I'll try it out. I did download the plugin, but I have no idea how to install it. I went to Add the plug in and tried to create a button for it, but it seems I'm not doing something right.

Has anybody installed this yet? If so, could you please post instructions? Lightwave says four plugins added, but I can't seem to locate where it was added to create a button for it.

zardoz
01-19-2013, 05:41 PM
If you add the two .py files you can add a button, just search for "js Render Presets"
or you can add it as a Master Plugin

Afalk
01-19-2013, 05:44 PM
I did. The install instructions are in a textfile in the install folder called README.md but here they are:

Installation
============

General installation steps:

* Copy js_render_presets.py, js_render_presets_button.py and
js_render_presets.def to LightWave's plug-in folder.
* "Autoscan Plugins" in LightWave 3D 11.0 doesn't seem to pickup Python scripts
so you will have to tell LightWave manually of their existence.
* locate the "Add Plugins" button in LightWave and manually add the two .py
files.

After the plugin is added to LightWave, I'd recommend placing it in a convenient
spot in LightWave’s menu, so all you have to do is press the Render Presets
button when you need to use it.

------------------------>>> Here's how it worked for me,

Added the two .py scripts manually, it added (4) plugins.

Did a Menu Edit, and searched for preset. it comes up as js Render Presets. Grabbed it and added it to my Render Tab :)

Works great on my end, and again, my Thanks to Johan!

Ryan Roye
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Cool, thanks. I'll try it out. I did download the plugin, but I have no idea how to install it. I went to Add the plug in and tried to create a button for it, but it seems I'm not doing something right.

Has anybody installed this yet? If so, could you please post instructions? Lightwave says four plugins added, but I can't seem to locate where it was added to create a button for it.

In menu edit, search for "JS_", and it should bring it right up.

I had to download version 1.3 since I'm using Lightwave 9.6 (the more up to date versions are written in python). I found this version at least lacks a lot of render options I switch between a lot (like size, quickshade, etc). Oh well.

Danakinobi
01-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Afalk... Thanks for the instructions. That helped... Pretty cool... I like the presets, but I wish it had a preset for lights too. But hey, it's better than nothing.