PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Replay

Lars Borg
01-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Simple but effective:)

During a LIVE sport-cast event there will be several occasions where you would like to have a later replay prepared.

The function should work like this. (You will only know afterwards if the event is worthy of a replay).

1. With the press of a "button" you will automatically mark an end-point.

2. Automatically there will also be start-point created (the start-point to be automatically set to be say 4 seconds, or any preset seconds you like)

3. The clip should automatically be saved to the DDR. (there is a function today, but not automated).

We are currently using a TC40 which works great.

SBowie
01-17-2013, 08:02 AM
In case it's not obvious, 3Play offers just this (and a lot more). As well, you may or may not be aware of the rather similar, if lesser, capabilities of TimeWarp using your TriCaster.

Lars Borg
01-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Havent had time to check them but will of course do it right away:) my first idea was that it should be implemented directly in the TC but do understand it would make it complicated when doing business when already having this function in other systems!

SBowie
01-17-2013, 09:13 AM
TimeWarp is for TriCaster, in case I wasn't clear Lars.

Lars Borg
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Just checked out TimeWarp...this will do the trick...will it work with the TC40? If so will by one right away

kltv
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
It won't automatically cue back a set number of seconds though. You'll get a clip, cued at the beginning, from the time you pushed IN to the time you pushed OUT. It works well, but you'll likely have to do some manually cueing, particularly if you haven't pushed the IN button for a while.

Kris

SBowie
01-17-2013, 10:06 AM
That's correct. One button marking is a 3Play feature only.

Lars Borg
01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Okay..but the price is of course different to TimeWarp, thinking to start to use TimeWarp anyway...will TimeWarp work with a TC40?

Lars Borg
01-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Can you do this function on a TimeWarp to achieve the desired function?

With the Timewarp recording, press the “Replay Out” button when a goal is scored – this will put the clip in the bin.
Double press on “Fast Forward” - moves the playhead to the end of the clip.
Pressing “ALT”+”Rewind” together - will play the last 5 seconds of the clip.

kanep
01-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Okay..but the price is of course different to TimeWarp, thinking to start to use TimeWarp anyway...will TimeWarp work with a TC40?

Yes, the Timewarp interface does work on the TC40.

SBowie
01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
AFAIK, TW850 doesn't directly support the 'play last 5 seconds' approach. (I guess that calls for a feature request.) :)

TW850 doesn't have FF/RW buttons like the older TW-42 did. However, you're supposed to be able to push Alt + Stop during playback to jump to the end of the current clip. Then you could roll back using the Jog wheel (with or without Fast Jog engaged), and either set a new in point (push ALT + IN) or simply hit Play. This doesn't seem to work in the build I'm running, though. I'll look into it further, and bug it if need be.

Lars Borg
01-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Okay just placed an order for the TimeWarp....will let you know how it works out:)