PDA

View Full Version : Editing titles on Tricaster 40

jaymills
01-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Perhaps I'm missing something really obvious, but the title editor in Tricaster 40 seems to be missing justification options. I can increase the size of the text, change the font, make it bold/italic/etc., but I can't change the placement or alignment of the text. This makes it impossible to produce nice-looking graphics -- if the word I want on the slide is longer than the original placeholder text, it stretches off the right side of the graphic ... unless I shrink the font, which makes the text illegible.

http://trollable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Help-me-Obi-Wan.jpg

SBowie
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
TriCaster 40's title template system is a nice basic starting point, but it has limitations, as you have pointed out. You can, of course, augment its capabilities greatly with LiveText, but you're not limited to that. You can create title graphics in any application you have that can generate 32bit imagery. (The only thing about stills is that you cannot edit them on the fly like you can TriCaster's native title pages.)

alonso
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
hii

I think you can't edit the placement or alignment of the text, you can edit it with the livetext, after edit that you can export the new title to live. in other words you can modify the placement in live production.

the bad news is that tricaster 40 don't bring a livetext, you have to buy it

Lee-AVP
01-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Some of the Newtek templates are bizarre, even on the 850. Right-aligned text, for example, that's aligned by the LEFT edge of the text box. Once you change the text, they become worthless.

I've not paid too much attention to these as I've had LiveText on my machine, but it really is true that some of the templates are totally useless with anything other than the exact text that's in the template from the factory.

SBowie
01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
... some of the templates are totally useless with anything other than the exact text that's in the template from the factory.I'd really appreciate it if people submitted bug reports identifying specific issues with any supplied title page.

Lars Borg
01-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Yeah some of plain text looks funny...but the once with image is okay...you can of course change the horizontal and vertical position using the "gear" option.

joseburgos
01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Some of the Newtek templates are bizarre, even on the 850. Right-aligned text, for example, that's aligned by the LEFT edge of the text box. Once you change the text, they become worthless.

I've not paid too much attention to these as I've had LiveText on my machine, but it really is true that some of the templates are totally useless with anything other than the exact text that's in the template from the factory.

If you have updated your TriCaster to the latest version and experience this, you need to submit a bug report as Steve mentioned. I have used the title templates the come with TC from LIve with zero problems so this is not a universal problem at all with title templates.