PDA

View Full Version : final chapter in the Wheel of Time

rwhunt99
01-14-2013, 07:42 PM
just finished A Memory of Light, the final book in the Wheel of Time saga. It was twenty years in the making and bittersweet at the end.

Just wondered how many Light wavers were fans of the series? Didn't want to throw any spoilers if you haven't got your hands on it yet :D

Afalk
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Loved that series :)

rednova
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I did love the books, but I only read from #1 to #6.

rwhunt99
01-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I know a lot of people stopped, but I have to admit I have read them at least 4 times through to the last book and I don't know what it is, but I just can't help picking it up and reading through one more time.
A comic book artist friend of mine introduced them to me and I am happy he did.

Cryonic
01-15-2013, 03:33 PM
I never got into the series. One of the complaints I heard (besides the constantly rising "Book X of Y") was that the ending of one book would be contradicted by the beginning of the next one. I'd also heard that Jordan would spend pages talking about the details of someone's outfit... and then never really do anything with the information.

rwhunt99
01-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Cryonic, I don't (IMO) feel that the ending of one book was contradictory to the next, but I do agree that he (Jordan) got rather verbose at times. In a lot of places that was good, because he literally created this entire universe and all the different people and cultures in it and it helped you to believe, but in other places it did really bore you to tears by describing virtually everything. Luckily, for the most part, he managed to keep it moving along reasonably well.

That said, I suggest you start with -" The Eye of the World " and just start reading. I believe all of the 13 books in the series were on the NY Times best seller list. This last one remains to be seen, but if all the people who bought the last two books of the series want to find out how it all ends, it too will be on there.