PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Creative Cloud problems: recent issue (1/11/2013)

jeric_synergy
01-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Just recently my Creative Cloud subscription has been acting up, requesting ID#s and SR#s. I note several queries on the internet about this, all very recent, like in the last few days.

Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions?

Marcia
01-14-2013, 12:26 PM
None here, BUT... husband read yesterday that Apple pushed a security patch to Macs that disables Java due to some security risk. The article reassured everyone that this *only* causes problems with Adobe Creative Suite (only). I'm still plugging away in CS3, but husband and youngest daughter are under subscription on the cloud. Our daughter was having problems with video editing in Premier, but we're not sure whether it was related to the pushed patch or the digitized files from her 60D. Apparently it worked at school on the PC today, though.

So, possibly the patch/java issue? You might want to check the Apple and Adobe sites to see what they recommend.

OTOH, if you're running under Windows on a PC, no clue.

jeric_synergy
01-14-2013, 12:50 PM
Wait time for CHAT on the Adobe site holding steady at 23 minutes and NOT decreasing. I'm thinking they're receiving a LOT of contacts.

Windoze here, so not the Mac issue.

raymondtrace
01-14-2013, 01:28 PM
The Java problem is not a Mac-only thing. If this is related to the recent security vulnerability in Java that is making everyone panic, it could affect Mac and Windows users, and the servers that might run Adobe licensing and cloud services if they function with Java.

jeric_synergy
01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Even though I've got an invoice for CC services thru 1/26, Adobe lists me as "no subscriptions".

I don't envy their CS people today.
+++
online w/adobe: looks like an entire re-dl/reinstall. And it ain't fast.

raymondtrace
01-15-2013, 09:00 AM
I use CS6 as a perpetual license (not CC) on Windows and I just got several updates today that may be in response to the Java issue. If your Adobe update manager has not detected the new updates yet, you might need to manually check for updates.

jeric_synergy
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it's all been addressed. Pretty happy I wasn't under deadline though.

DrStrik9
01-15-2013, 01:39 PM
No problems here yet ... but I turned browser java off a couple of days ago (not sure of Adobe's java-killing time frame). Haven't tried updating yet, but I think I'll wait until current projects are done. (Does that ever happen?)

jeric_synergy
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
With the CC, updates are supposed to be more timely and incremental.

I was forced to by some security glitch, but that was global. I think hitting the UPDATE selection in the menues is relatively safe.

gerry_g
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
this morning I had to re enter the seriel number for CS6 Creative Suite on one machine after putting in the updates yet on another machine it was just fine, the one that needed fixing said I was in 'Trial Mode', if evrer there was a good argument for cracked software this is it.

raymondtrace
01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Adobe's new slogan: There's a patch for thatŪ

https://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updates-fix-trial-problem.html

This is a new patch since my post suggesting another patch 2 days ago. And from the comments on John Nack's blog, it will not be the last patch.