PDA

View Full Version : TV Ministry Launching

isaac2k2
01-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Hi All

My church is about to launch its TV ministry and I need some help here as I am currently heading that department.

We have a Tricaster 40 and I was thinking of doing a little demonstration of the product during the launching.

- How can I get or make a good intro and out-tro for the video clip
- Does it sound good to get a camera to film me while using the equipment in production
- Since I just installed the equipment last Saturday and used it for the first time yesterday (Sunday), after the recording is there any finalization required or I just need to copy the file off the machine?
- Is there a way to edit the recorded message directly on the equipment or via another computer, if so which application can I use to edit it, add text scriptures to it
- I noticed the 1hr recording I did yesterday, the file created was about 60GB which is quite huge considering I will be doing many more recordings. Could this be because I am recording with HD and is there a better way the system can compress the file size so we can burn it to DVD

I will appreciate any ideas that would help me launch this product and sorry for the long write-up :)

Thanks

BigHache
01-14-2013, 07:55 PM
I have almost no experience with Tricaster, but to my knowledge there's not an easy way to add scriptures in post, in anything. I've done it in FCP 7 and X and it's a manual process.

Intro/Outro
After Effects would be a good place to do that.

You recorded an hour of HD and it's only 60GB? That sounds pretty good. To get that onto a DVD you will need to export the edit down to 720x480 widescreen.

jeric_synergy
01-14-2013, 08:00 PM
By 'scripture' you mean TEXT, right?

::scratches head:: It shouldn't be any harder than it is to do it live.