PDA

View Full Version : Camera slowness movement with vpr on?

prometheus
01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I know this been up before, and I thought I also knew how to correct it, but now I canīt get it working smoothly.
Itīs the Ol camera slowness while having vpr on.

I have a very light weighted poly object with 1536 polys, camera motion is tracking it, and I use two view viewport open and one viewport with vpr open...I can not move the cam without it
lagging extremly in both views.

I checked the colorspace and all is set to linear..and nothing is checked in the color correct open gl and those options, I tried switching gl options with streaming and vbo,transparency sorting and switch shading method, but nothing seems to helping.

I know it must be something of it though..but canīt rembember and figure it out now..

please give advice if you think you know what it could be.

Thankīs
Lightwave 11,03 32 bit, windows 7

Michael

Snosrap
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Set your bounding box threshold to a lower setting in the preference panel.

prometheus
01-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Set your bounding box threshold to a lower setting in the preference panel.

Nope..that has nothing to do with it.

the amount of polys are so low that it should work much faster, it seems like this is something that just occoured suddenly, perhaps some display setting changed.
it is still slow even if the bounding box threshold i set so low that it becomes a box while moving, so it is something with vpr.

Michael

Snosrap
01-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Oh - are you working with an image sequence?

prometheus
01-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Oh - are you working with an image sequence?

no..canīt call it that, Iīm just having VPR open in one viewport and moving the camera in another viewport in wireframe mode, and while I move the cam it is so slow that it jumps between the position.
if I disable VPR it is all fine, I reckon it must be some display setting related to VPR, I know that could happen if you had color space set wrongly or had adjust open gl and such, but now I canīt
fix it.

I might be having to much other stuff opened in the background though.
otherwise I think I have checked and unchecked all options possible in display color space config, and open gl settings.

Michael

prometheus
01-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Issue seem to be solved, It helps to reboot.:)
some software running in the background probably slowed it down, need to do some cleaning.
Nothing wrong with Lightwave anyway, now it runs smoothly when moving camera and with vpr on, canīt understand how I could have stand it working the way it did before.

Michael

Snosrap
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
:) glad it got ironed out.