PDA

View Full Version : 3Play 425 not recognizing input timecode

DaveWalzer
01-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I cannot get our 3Play 425 to recognize input timecode. It does not recognize it on either XLR input 3, or on the red or blue 1/8" jacks. I have confirmed that the timecode signal is good, as I can hear it through a Qbox. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

SBowie
01-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Presumably you've configured it in the Timecode Configuration panel?

DaveWalzer
01-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Yes, cycled through the input choices each time. AFAIK there is no input gain sensitivity control, like on the TC when I adjust the gain on input 7, the timecode input?

SBowie
01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Honestly, I'm not 100% sure, but I'd expect the volume control for the input might affect level.

[Edit] P.S., for 425, that would be input 3, I think. There is no Input 7 (if the Timecode Config panel says there is, that would be a UI bug).

DaveWalzer
01-11-2013, 04:09 PM
I was able to get it working in only one specific configuration. Of the four timecode input options (Input 3 mic/line and 1/8" mic/line), I was able to get it working on the Input 3 Mic Level option, and only then by adjusting the output gain at my timecode DA. Luckily, all the other devices fed by the same DA were happy with the new level.

None of the other three input options worked at all, even when adjusting the signal gain externally.

I would strongly prefer to get a 1/8" input working, since using Input 3 for timecode disables my ability to select the embedded audio that accompanies SDI input 3.

SBowie
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
working on the Input 3 Mic Level option, and only then by adjusting the output gain at my timecode DA. Did you try adjusting gain on input 3?

I would strongly prefer to get a 1/8" input working, since using Input 3 for timecode disables my ability to select the embedded audio that accompanies SDI input 3.Right. I'm not sure what the issue might be, but maybe send me an email ([email protected] etc.) to remind me of this conversation on Monday and I'll see if the guys in QA can double-check this ... or borrow their timecode generator and do it myself.)

If you need it quicker than that, I can only suggest contacting CS.

VideoEng QA
01-15-2013, 10:11 AM
I have to agree with Steve - you should be able to adjust the input gain on input 3 line/mic input to help out with getting a strong enough signal into the 3Play. Now, you should also be able to use the red/blue inputs as well. If they did not work, I'd recommend looking into Windows' levels for the mic (red input) and either increase it or add some additional input boost. You can do this in Window's Control Panel under the Sound icon. Failing that, I'd recommend contacing our customer service to see what else can be done.

Thanks,
Jeremy Brosius

DaveWalzer
01-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks guys. I've tried all that, including adjusting the Windows input gain levels. I'll give CS a call.