PDA

View Full Version : Emitter and partigon question

medicalart
01-10-2013, 02:07 PM
When I add an emitter effect to the surface of an object, the particles look good, but I can't save them as a transformed object. Is there a way to have the surface of an object become a partigon emitter, instead of a particle emitter, so that the particles can be saved from Layout to Modeler? Thanks.

daforum
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Have a look at this script: http://www.vuescripts.com/_A/index.php?aid=51

Hope it helps :)

medicalart
01-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks. Just wondering if there was a standard menu item, too.

daforum
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure about the standard menu item, but the script works well enough.
I tested it by setting up an ordinary emitter, saved a .pfx file, saved and cleared the scene then ran the script in an empty scene.
It's able to save geometry which can look just like the emitter "shape"

medicalart
01-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I'll give it a try. Many thanks.

Dodgy
01-10-2013, 07:50 PM
One thing to do: Add a partigon emitter, make it the child of the mesh, set the mesh emitter to lifetime of 1 frame, and set the partigon emitter nozzle to Parent emitter(end). So the mesh will spawn particles on it's surface, they'll die, and the partigons will be spawned in their place.

medicalart
01-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks Dodgy. That technique rings a bell... I think one of the Proton videos touched on that a few years ago. Cheers.

Thomas Leitner
01-11-2013, 01:16 AM
When I add an emitter effect to the surface of an object, the particles look good, but I can't save them as a transformed object. Is there a way to have the surface of an object become a partigon emitter, instead of a particle emitter, so that the particles can be saved from Layout to Modeler? Thanks.

Hi,
if I understand your problem right, you can do this:
Save the particle motion (FX Emitter settings > File tab > Save Motion).
Make a new Partigon Emitter.
Load the particle motion to this emitter.
Save Transformed Object at any time you want.
Voilą.

ciao
Thomas

medicalart
01-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Hi,
Save the particle motion (FX Emitter settings > File tab > Save Motion).
Make a new Partigon Emitter.
Load the particle motion to this emitter.
Save Transformed Object .

This technique is straightforward and works well, but you have to "save motion" again after the motion is applied to the partigon emitter. Very nice! Thanks, Thomas.

prometheus
01-12-2013, 10:58 AM
I was testing this with the buildt in (hidden) partigon 2 partigon command, works kind of..apply the command then save out transformed object, but I noticed I didnt get my particles to look the same as
when simulated using textured velocity vectors, have to figure that out.

will try Thomas suggestions ...thanks, if it works as I expect, then I can probably do some cool morphs between particles.

Michael

prometheus
01-12-2013, 03:23 PM
works nicely ..as thomas mentioned with saving out pfx, and reloading to partigon emitter.

here“s a sample of a particle sim, saved out as point cluster, rotated the object..the right side is some after effects processing, the left is raw render, 484 000 points.

I need to experiment with morphs, preferably saving out a point cluster made from some slight changes in the simulation, then mix that with the first simulation and with morphs.

http://vimeo.com/57283382

medicalart
01-12-2013, 03:54 PM
works nicely ..as thomas mentioned with saving out pfx, and reloading to partigon emitter.

here“s a sample of a particle sim, saved out as point cluster, rotated the object..the right side is some after effects processing, the left is raw render, 484 000 points.

http://vimeo.com/57283382

Is your lighting effect a volumetric light in the scene, or have you done something else to get the directional glow? (on the right side of your video)Nice.

prometheus
01-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Is your lighting effect a volumetric light in the scene, or have you done something else to get the directional glow? (on the right side of your video)Nice.

After effects/effects/generate/cc light rays..that is built in,Renders fast in after effects.. you could also get trapcode shine for even better style.

medicalart
01-12-2013, 05:08 PM
After effects/effects/generate/cc light rays..that is built in,Renders fast in after effects.. you could also get trapcode shine for even better style. Yes, After Effects, thanks.