PDA

View Full Version : Premiere Pro won't load

creators
11-03-2003, 09:17 PM
I installed Premiere Pro on my Tyan K7 system with T3. It gives me an error that it can't load audio drivers and refuses to open. It tells me to reinstall Premiere Pro. I've installed Premiere Pro on every one of my other 6 systems without a problem including other Tyan systems. The only difference is that this system has T3. Can anyone help?

Richard
[email protected]

ScorpioProd
11-03-2003, 09:58 PM
What audio card are you using?

The VT card will not do audio for Premiere Pro based on some kind of certification issues or something.

creators
11-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Does this mean that Premiere Pro won't install unless I have a separate audio card?

Richard

Michael Englyst
11-04-2003, 01:54 AM
Yes. And for now LynxONe and maybe LynxTWO cards won't work with Premiere Pro. But that is being fixed.

ScorpioProd
11-04-2003, 02:19 AM
Personally, I wish the VT's audio would be supported in Premiere Pro... If one wants to use Premiere Pro on a VT[3] system, it's gonna be a real pain if one needs to keep changing audio configuration to move between the two programs...

Michael Englyst
11-04-2003, 02:23 AM
And I would wish that the VT audio hardware was a lot better than it is. Is mediocre at best. The difference in quality comparing the LynxONE to the VT audio hardware is staggering. If it was a software/driver problem it would be nice, since it could be fixed. But I'm not sure it is..

Bobt
11-04-2003, 04:37 AM
I am getting closer to making the Toaster Audio
support Premiere Pro.

Bob

Bobt
11-04-2003, 04:40 AM
And I would wish that the VT audio hardware was a lot better than it is. Is mediocre at best. The difference in quality comparing the LynxONE to the VT audio hardware is staggering. If it was a software/driver problem it would be nice, since it could be fixed. But I'm not sure it is..

And with the Premiere Pro plugins I am writting you can
use any audio card. Not just the Toaster Audio. I did this before with the previous Premiere 6.x drivers.

As far as the Toaster is concerned it is a ASIO audio issue.
Premeire requires an ASIO driver to functon.

Bob

Demon8
11-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Not rushing you Bobt,

But how much longer on the plug-in and audio issue to be resolved. And will Premiere Pro do background rendering with your plug-in like VT-Edit.

Bobt
11-04-2003, 08:29 PM
>Not rushing you Bobt,
Thanks I am peddling as fast as I can.

>But how much longer on the plug-in and audio issue to be >resolved.
Not much longer as its almost functional. (meaning buggy)

>And will Premiere Pro do background rendering with
>your plug-in like VT-Edit.
No not right out of the box thats for sure. I only have partial
control with the SDK as to how things work.
Lets face it having complete control gives you more options
then having some control.
As far as code I use thats newtek by design,
the entire realtime engine thats the heart of the Premiere
plugins (except for Newtek DVE's) has been written by yours truely with some help and guidance from Kirk Morger, Andrew Cross and Pat Brouillette. So there are differences
in what I can support and what they support.
You will know more as I slowly dig my way out of this
crummy audio whole.
Bob

Demon8
11-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks, Bobt\

creators
11-10-2003, 12:10 AM
I put a cheap sound card in until the issue is resolved. Premiere Pro now works fine.

Richard DePaso