PDA

View Full Version : LW11: which camera selector plugin to use?

Spinland
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I have three cameras in my scene and I want my animated render to cut between them. I found two camera selector plugins in the master list, one with a space in the name and one without; which one should I be using?

Also, did I read correctly that this plugin will not work with distributed rendering over screamernet?

Thanks in advance!

dwburman
01-09-2013, 11:16 AM
I'd try the one with the space in the name. It has an extra button. :)

I thought I used the camera selector plugin on a network render before, but I just did a little test and confirmed that it's working in network renders here on my two machines. Although, I'm using a render controller and that uses lwsn -3 mode, (renders groups of frames then quits as if you were using screamernet to do standalone renders on your machine) instead of the -2 mode (which opens the scene once in LWSN then the screamernet controller tells it which frame to render), and I don't know if that makes a difference.

Spinland
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks, man. That's the one that calls itself the "Universal Camera Selector" once you add it. I tried that one and it seems to be working great. I use Smedge to control my two render machines and it looks like the render I'm doing right now is honoring the camera selections exactly as I defined them.

Thanks again!