PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, Premier Pro 2 Free Download

cagey5
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but the above are available for free download, in addition to InDesign CS2 and Audition 3.0

Though site seems temp. unavailable due to demand.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2_downloads

zarti
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
No, You Can't Download Adobe CS2 Applications For Free

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adriankingsleyhughes/2013/01/07/download-adobe-cs2-applications-for-free/

.cheers

cagey5
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Ooops. Web site I got the info from has retracted its statement. Appears there is no such offer after all... As you were..

kopperdrake
01-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the headsup anyway - I still have a CS2 suite on one PC here that I use for my own occasional InDesign use, so it's useful to know I may have issues with it if I ever need to reinstall :)

Ryan Roye
01-08-2013, 08:45 AM
This is a HUGE help to my production! Thank you for the heads up. I love paint shop pro 6.0 and still prefer it for its lightweight programming, but it lacks a lot of batch processing functions that are useful for manipulating many images at once (IE: applying filters and color adjustments across any number of frames).

Who knows, maybe Adobe will get my business down the road as I get my bearings in the older verison of their program and find it useful to update.

cagey5
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
chazriker. See my follow up post. This isn't a free deal apparently, just links for updates for already registered members. Sorry for the confusion.

Ryan Roye
01-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Edit: Corrected, nm

Kinda shady though. Not mentioned that it can't be used by "non-licensed" folks anywhere on the download page, not mentioned in the Adobe software license agreement... the statement of non-legal use seems like a spur-of-the-moment thing. And how the hell is a forum post by an adobe staff member (without reference) a replacement for end-user policy guidelines? Bleh.

raymondtrace
01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
This move was predicted in the EULA of all Adobe-activated software. The EULA and activation FAQs have always stated that when/if their activation method ends, Adobe will provide customers with methods to run the software without activation. The goof here just seems to be that Adobe is providing the software to more than just its original CS2 customers.

Before anyone pees their pants in excitement, realize that CS2 will not run on modern Intel Macs and it is stubborn to install in modern 64bit Windows because the user has to modify the default installation path (C:\Progra~2\Adobe).

Adobe has done a lousy job managing this activation-free release. If anyone wants to abuse Adobe's licensing, just 'acquire' a more modern version of CS.

Afalk
01-09-2013, 08:13 AM
personally -- changing a path to (C:\Progra~2\Adobe) is a tiny price to pay. I installed the entire suite on x64 Vista -- needed a stray .dll along the way (grabbed it from an older photoshop install) & for premiere to have DEP deactivated in order for it to run.

Install the suite 1st, then any apps not on the standard package. I installed no acrobat standar - just 08-pro, and skipped on photoshop essentials (since PS - CS2 is in the package). Made sure to doubel check any extras & there it was.

Took a bit to get it all straight but well worth it.

Rayek
01-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Well, the downloads are still there, and no mention is made on the page that these are not supposed to be downloaded by others.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

If anything, I think it is safe to say that Adobe provides these now to everyone for free - no matter if this was a goof-up or not.

Btw, more "freed" software:
Microsoft Expression Design (illustrator like package $599):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36180

Microsoft Expression Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179

Microsoft stopped the development of both - Expression Web may be of interest to anyone looking for a powerful web editor comparable to Dreamweaver. Good deal.

50one
01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Well, the official statement from Adobe is that those are NOT FREE. I bet their server turned red yesterday haha.

Ryan Roye
01-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Well, the official statement from Adobe is that those are NOT FREE. I bet their server turned red yesterday haha.

forum posts from multiple employees (whom have said different things including contradictory statements) does not qualify as official. This needs to come, as I said, either directly from the software's EULA or directly on the Adobe website, neither of which I could find information which supports the statements of Adobe staff. To be specific, I am referring to the CS2 photoshop license agreement, I have not read any from the other programs offered as I'm not using them.

"2. "As long as you obtained the software from Adobe of one of its authorized licensees and as long as you comply with the terms of this agreement, Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use the software in the manner and for the purposes described in the Documentation, as further set fourth below."

Here's the "umbrella" CS EULA.

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/cs_combined.pdf

raymondtrace
01-09-2013, 11:11 AM
...Btw, more "freed" software:
Microsoft Expression Design...

Note the publish date on the Expression products. Microsoft was apparently giving up the day before the Mayan apocalypse and thought it had nothing to lose. :)

My previous post suggested that grabbing this software was abusing Adobe licensing. I now realize that Adobe is abusing its own licensing by failing to keep good records of its CS2 customers. If they had such records, this download page would only appear to them. My adobe.com account has forgotten licenses that I registered before 2004. It still shows my CS2 license though.

Even if you have not previously had a CS2 license, go for it.