PDA

View Full Version : spline guide

sadkkf
01-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Does anyone know how to use the spline guide? I swear I've done this before, but can't figure out how. I also swear Mr. Vaughan had a tute for this, but can't find it in his list on the FTP server.

What I want to do is warp some text, but after I create the text and apply the guide, the controls are at the top of the text. I need them at the bottom. Probably missing something obvious...

thanks!

Surrealist.
01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Are you using the numeric panel?

Press n to bring it up. Here you'll have all of the options. By default it is set to scale and that may not be what you want. But I'd look in the manual for an explanation of all of the options. Just depends on the effect you want. But don't forget you can also snap the controls to a BG curve. "get curve".

sadkkf
01-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I do have the numeric panel open -- see screen shot. What I'm trying to do is move the control handles circled in green to the bottom so I can warp the text from the bottom. Do I need to create a curve in a BG layer to do this?

sadkkf
01-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Ah...here is the video from WV:

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/Vidz/textsplineguide.mov

Surrealist.
01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
It really does not matter what side the handles are on. It goes by what you have selected. Also I think what you may want is to use Bend not scale.

Anyway hopefully the video will cover that stuff.