PDA

View Full Version : Playstation MOVE.ME setup

mummyman
01-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi there. We are giving this a try. We have the manual / setup from the Newtek docs. However, after we enable the move.me in the device manager settings, we check it, then try to open the settings, which, I believe is step 2 or 3 and Lightwave crashes everytime. Could this be a network/firewall issue? We have no idea. Anyone who is giving this a try...it'd be great to hear from you! Thanks for any help..

Brett

50one
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi,

Had similar issues, but it wasn't caused by firewall(komodo) in my case, i will be setting this up tomorrow on my home PC tho so I'll let you know if I ran into any issues.

Regards,
Simon

mummyman
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
110200Much appreciated! Just trying to open settings in device manager. If I click on "open" next to the check boxes... it crashes lightwave. On any of our systems. Also...using the most current version of LW too.

50one
01-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Not a good news for me, since I spent ages trying to get the move.me app(what a nightmare when outside US).
For some reason I've got less crashes in LW at home then at work with Quadro and other bells and whistles...
Whenever i've got some issues with LW - I simply just kill the Hub task and usually it helps, can you start from scratch? Rmove the configs, plugins, etc?

Btw.

Lots of nice stuff on your website!

mummyman
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the nice words!!! Also, I will have to try to open from scratch. I'm not using the hub. But any LW machine, I just try the same thing and they all crash as well. Running all on Windows 7 Pro

mummyman
01-04-2013, 11:33 AM
OH god... I tried the direct link of opening LW from the start menu, instead of my preset, jobbie...and that seemed to work. Genious! Thank you so much. Starting some testing soon...

50one
01-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the nice words!!! Also, I will have to try to open from scratch. I'm not using the hub. But any LW machine, I just try the same thing and they all crash as well. Running all on Windows 7 Pro

Not good at all!i'll see if I'll ran into some issues tomorrow and let you know.
Anyway, what kind of rigs you've got? All machines are the same spec?it may be the way your network is configured?

- - - Updated - - -

OH god... I tried the direct link of opening LW from the start menu, instead of my preset, jobbie...and that seemed to work. Genious! Thank you so much. Starting some testing soon...

Hah, glad it's working!

mummyman
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Got it working fine! Simple for now...but that did the trick! NEAT! Thank you so much for the help

Sharx
02-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Not a good news for me, since I spent ages trying to get the move.me app(what a nightmare when outside US).
For some reason I've got less crashes in LW at home then at work with Quadro and other bells and whistles...
Whenever i've got some issues with LW - I simply just kill the Hub task and usually it helps, can you start from scratch? Rmove the configs, plugins, etc?

Btw.

Lots of nice stuff on your website!

I'm in England, and can't get Move.me. I've emailed PS and contacted them via their chat. I either get told that only academic in UK, or get sent links to USA site that don't work

SPICE
02-14-2015, 09:24 PM
check your pm box ;)

Sharx
02-15-2015, 04:52 AM
Cheers Spice

bbuxton
02-15-2015, 08:59 PM
I struggled with getting move.me set uo for a long time and in the end gave up.
A heads up on how to do this in the UK would be a fantastic help.
The nearest I have got to this functionality is Grip Tools for C4d and iPhone but it falls a long way short of what I should be able to get from Lightwave.
It is a great feature in Lightwave but very frustraiting to not be able to use it because of geographic location.

mummyman
02-16-2015, 12:56 PM
I struggled with getting move.me set uo for a long time and in the end gave up.
A heads up on how to do this in the UK would be a fantastic help.
The nearest I have got to this functionality is Grip Tools for C4d and iPhone but it falls a long way short of what I should be able to get from Lightwave.
It is a great feature in Lightwave but very frustraiting to not be able to use it because of geographic location.

Is it because the MOVE software on Sony PS3 is not available in the UK? That seems like a bad part on Sony, if that is the case. I'm not sure how many people are using this or not.

jburford
02-17-2015, 03:53 AM
Also tried getting this in Germany with no luck! Didn't matter that I am an American living here....

Go Fish!

Sharx
02-20-2015, 06:57 AM
I contacted then via chat & email. EU & UK can only get academic copies of move.me
I saw a project where someone had connected move ocntroller to vid cam & recorded the movements. I think this was then loaded into LW.
A software way around the issue may be this piece of free software. Worth taking a look.
http://www.viscoda.com/index.php/en/products/non-commercial/voodoo-camera-tracker