PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Script

jeremy092288
11-03-2003, 05:01 PM
I need a script for CG or something to make a countdown video that would basically display plain text(nothing real special). But instead of making more than 300 cg's I would like a script or something to make it happen faster.

15:00
14:59
14:58
ETC
ETC
00:03
00:02
00:01
00:00

Well you guys are all smart people I'm sure you get it.

Jim_C
11-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Have a deck with timecode and character out?
Record it.

jim

jeremy092288
11-03-2003, 05:12 PM
sorry no deck

are there no scripts?

tmon
11-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Would using Steve Bowie's Timecode overlay work? A luma key, render, and then reverse play the clip?

I don't remember where they are. Search these boards....

Paul Lara
11-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by jeremy092288
are there no scripts?

You may wish to consider the countdown scripts from Youngmonkey.ca (http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/restaurant/plugins/Countdown/index.html)

Ivan
11-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Use the Filter in Aura. Filters/Video/Timecode Writer. This will create a counter. You can either play it in Reverse in VTEdit or reverse it in Aura.

Ivan

bradl
11-03-2003, 11:36 PM
yea, what he said...

jeremy092288
11-04-2003, 05:30 AM
will the timecode writer be big enough to be seen from a distance?

It is a video for a show that I am in which has about 2000 people or more attending it.

jeremy092288
11-04-2003, 05:47 AM
Bowie's script is what I need buy where do I get that?

The link doesn't work anywhere back in the post from Feb

Old Post (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1969&highlight=Steve+Bowie)

Did anyone download it back then where they could upload it to a server where I could download it from?

I have a couple servers but can't upload it without the actual file.

Paul Lara
11-04-2003, 07:39 AM
Hmmmm.

Seems our ftp site has hidden away.
I'll look into it.

Ivan
11-04-2003, 08:38 AM
You can size the font in TimeCode Writer to what ever size you want as well as positioning it where ever you want. Be sure the project settings are correct or you will end up with unpredictable results.

For longer timecodes I would make a single still that can be added to the project, a little more work but much less room on the HD.

Ivan

jeremy092288
11-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Hey Ivan,

I have only open aura 3 times :eek: I know what a shocker.

Can you please give me some more detailed instructions?

Ivan
11-04-2003, 10:09 AM
After you open Aura you will want to be sure you project is set up correctly, go to the Project menu and select Modify Project. Be sure it it set to NTSC D1, NTSC VideoToaster sets the height to 480 which is not what you want. Click "Stretch Project" and say OK to the new requester.

If you do not have the Layers panel up, click on the layers panel in the picture menus. (It's the one that looks like 3 pieces of paper under the top menu called "Image")

In the layers panel you will have your first layer named Untitled and a light blue box with white borders. The light blue box is the timeline, grab the white border on the right and drag it to the length you need. (Watch the length in the blue area at the top of the menu)

Once the layer is the length you want, place the mouse over the layer and hold down the right mouse button. Select "Make Anim" from the menu. Click the AutoFit button on the left of the Layer panel to fit everything in the window, use the Z button next to it to zoom in and out.

Set your position on the timeline to the first frame.

Open the TimeCode Writer (Filters/Video/TimeCodeWriter) and set the Time Code to Current. Arial Unicode MS is a good font as it will not jump around. Some fonts do not use uniform spacing and you will get sick of these quickly. Set the size and to set the position click the "Set" button and drag the box in the positioning window to where you want it to go.

Hold the right mouse button down over the timeline again and choose "Select All" from the menu.

click Apply in the TimeCode Writer.

This will give you fields, frames, seconds, minutes, and hours. I would do 60 seconds for sure and likely just add still frames for minutes and hours in a VTEdit project, set up the timecode project once and save it then all you need to do is open it, copy and paste it into any new project you like.

Ivan

tmon
11-04-2003, 01:04 PM
A Tangential Question: Will NewTek be fixing the discrepancy between NDF Timecode in Aura and the default DF Timecode in VT-Edit?

djlithium
11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by taiji
A Tangential Question: Will NewTek be fixing the discrepancy between NDF Timecode in Aura and the default DF Timecode in VT-Edit?

I would love to see switchable options for drop and non-drop. It's very important when you are working with film based stuff.

SBowie
11-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by taiji
A Tangential Question: Will NewTek be fixing the discrepancy between NDF Timecode in Aura and the default DF Timecode in VT-Edit? Ahem - AuraVT does use dropframe timecode when the framerate is set to 29.97.