PDA

View Full Version : Worley plug-ins and the G5

Beamtracer
11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm having trouble installing the Worley (http://www.worley.com/) plug-ins on a G5 machine (OS10.2.7).

I'm not sure if there is an incompatibility here, or if it's just my user error.

Is anyone else successfully running Worley plug-ins on a G5? Please post your experiences below.

Thanks!

Darth Mole
11-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Yep: they're all running fine. Which is more than can be said for LightWave itself...

What's the problem exactly?

Beamtracer
11-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Thanks for your reply, Darth.

A solution has been found!!!

Apparently there is a bug that sometimes makes Worley plug-ins quit when you try to install them. This may affect G4 or G5 machines. It doesn't affect everyone, so if your plug-ins installed correctly, don't follow the instructions below.

If you have had difficulties installing your plug-ins, the advice from Worley Labs is the following...

1. Disable the Hub
You need to disable the hub before installing the plug-ins. Do this by editing the text file Lightwave cmdLine, which is found in the Lightwave Programs folder. Open this text file in Text Editor, and enter -0 (that's minus zero). Now the Hub won't automatically load when you launch Lightwave. You'll need to restore this command line file to its original state later if you want the hub to launch in future.

2. Trash your LW config files
Go to your home directory / Library / Preferences folder, and delete the Lightwave preferences.

3. Reinstall the plug-ins
Reinstall the Worley plug-ins one by one. Do not use the "scan directory" function.

So now the Worley plug-ins are working happily on my G5 :)