PDA

View Full Version : Speed Modeling Challenge #201 - Mushrooms

bellmore
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Speed Modeling Challenge #201 - Mushrooms

Rules:

1. Every week there will be a subject for you to model along with a time limit. You should spend no longer than the allocated time, then post a render of your model. As in most challenges like this, your honesty on modeling times is essential. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what is asked for.
2. Post a wire-frame and a render at 800x600 or larger.
3. LightWave must be used for modeling. 3rd party Plug-ins are allowed.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, posting each in this thread. If you run over the time, the model can still be posted but won't be subject to the judging.
5. Time spent on texturing, setting up a scene for a render and rendering is not included in the allocated period.
6. The winner is judged by the challenge starter and the prize is to set up the challenge after next week's.

This week's topic: Mushrooms. The ones on your plate, in nature, houses made from, from video games, jewelry, magic ones, deadly ones, clouds, etc.

Time limit: 60 minutes.

Deadline: Monday, January, 7th, 2013, 22:00 G.M.T

Have fun and good luck!

Best,
Bellmore

JoePoe
12-31-2012, 01:19 PM
can I re-submit my entry from akaracquel's stereoscopic challenge? :D

Guess not..... well at least it might get ya in the mood. :hey:
(aw crap.... done back when the forum background was a different color. Not quite the same effect. Oh well)

bellmore
12-31-2012, 01:42 PM
:hey: Very cool. I remember that one.

XswampyX
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/xXswampyXx/MushRooms1_Small_zps003df5d5.jpg

About 3 mins to model and a fair bit more for the texturing.

akaracquel
01-01-2013, 06:39 PM
...MUSHROOMS!!! ZOIGZZZ!! I'm feeling so awake with a deadline now!

Bax33
01-01-2013, 07:54 PM
When doing this challenge, I sensed this would be right up Akaracquel's alley. I'm already looking forward to her entry. :D

Thought I'd enter a little mushroom house. 60 minutes of modeling right on the nose. I had to rush to finish so it is not the best I could do. I may want to retry this when I have more time.

XswampyX
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM
Something a bit more edible. :D

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/xXswampyXx/MushRooms2_VSmall_zpsa6643fae.jpg

JoePoe
01-02-2013, 08:10 PM
oops, already ate one of the other ones.
What's going to happen??????!!!!!!!

:hat::yoda::jester::alien::devil::angel:..... :yingyang:

akaracquel
01-02-2013, 11:55 PM
You guyz have been making the back of my skull cramp from laughter. EPIC! :ohmy:

XswampyX
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/xXswampyXx/SoupCans1_Small_zpsda833195.jpg

Hmmm tasty. :-P

Will render the wires soon.

bellmore
01-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Some crazy entries so far. I love the shroom house, Bax33. And, XswampyX, those are some nice renders. Here is my go at some mushrooms. These are pajaritos de monte (little birds of the woods).110186

bellmore
01-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I will be judging this one at 22:00. Any last submissions?

JoePoe
01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Yup.

Still in Modeler. Knocked his tooth out at 59:30. :D

uh..... forum won't let me uplaod!!?? &%$#@!

JoePoe
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
fourth time's the charm. :compbeati

akaracquel
01-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Time swallowed by a new client! Go ahead! I shall be posting something post-deadline, into this department of speed modelling mushrooms, and thank you - for the inspirational topic :)

JoePoe
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Not sure if this is a mushroom or a scary Easter island head on safari.
Either way, I'm freakin' myself out. Time to sleep. :sleeping:

bellmore
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
XswampyX - I love the renders. They are well lit and fancy. Three submission, what a feat. A+ for the renders, but there are no wires to be found.

Bax33 - You have a beautiful model there. Very clean wires there. I also liked the render with the little windows throwing out some light, it really set a cool mood.

JoePoe - Wow, and in under 60 minutes, wow. I like the shape that your wires tool. The glasses, nose, missing tooth, no wonder you were freaking out. I am amazed at the shear triumph of getting as much done as you did in under 60 minutes.

...and the winner of this challenge is, JoePoe, :thumbsup:.

akaracquel, i will be checking this thread periodically to see what you submit.

Thanks all for participating.

Who's next?

Bax33
01-08-2013, 10:35 AM
Ahhh, I almost won by default and I had a good idea for the next challenge too. :-( Just kidding, great entry Joe Poe! Congrats, very good modeling with or without the time limit.

JoePoe
01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Woohoo! Thanks guys.
What a looooong strange trip it's been. :hat::D

Nice job to everyone. XswampyX, those are some beautiful renders :thumbsup:.
Bellmore, thanks for picking up the slack and taking the reins (seems the appropriate way to put it for the Christmas..... hiatus :)).

I'd still like to get us back into the old format. Wednesday-Wednesday with the one week stagger of winner to challenger. If I start one now (or tomorrow) the winner has to start the next one right away. So...........

As this weeks winner, I am making an executive decision!! I will start the challenge following this next one (Wed. 16th - Wed 23)!
So what happens this week??
Well.........

Ahhh, .......... I had a good idea for the next challenge too.

Okay.....Bax33 let's have it!!!!!!!
Start it now.... or tomorrow, with the end date of Wed 16th 22:00 GMT. :thumbsup:

(boy, I hope you see this..... I'll shoot you a pm too.)

JoePoe
01-08-2013, 04:50 PM
no wonder you were freaking out. I am amazed at the shear triumph of getting as much done as you did in under 60 minutes.

Thanks, I was haulin' ***:) I usually bite off more than I can chew....
But, just remember, It's really just a couple basic shapes (see pic below).
A Hemisphere, two cylinders (body and teeth), and a box with a couple sections removed (glasses).
The rest is mutishift, thickener, and a couple of control loops. And of course, my favorite, the drag tool (you don't have to keep selecting points, just move move move).

Keep doing these challenges and your speed will ramp up quickly!! :thumbsup:

Bax33
01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, thanks much JoePoe. I'll post the challenge in just a bit. xSwampyx always has such awesome renders. Sometimes I think he has all these objects in his house and just snaps a picture, like the ray gun, machine gun, mushrooms etc. :-) Hehe... just kidding of course.

XswampyX
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Well, thanks much JoePoe. I'll post the challenge in just a bit. xSwampyx always has such awesome renders. Sometimes I think he has all these objects in his house and just snaps a picture, like the ray gun, machine gun, mushrooms etc. :-) Hehe... just kidding of course.

Arrrgh.... Rumbled. :2guns:

The more you do, the easier it gets. :D

Bax33
01-08-2013, 05:13 PM
You're right of course. After more than a year of do this, I can finally make a hole in a flat surface fairly easy. :-) I wish I could do this full time. Maybe in 6 more years when I retire. (again). :-)

Oh, forgot to mention. The new challenge is up. Pinball Machine. Enjoy.