PDA

View Full Version : 60fps output for mastering in fields

digitalimagery
12-31-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm being requested to deliver an complex mix of 2D After Effects animation with LW 3D. I've got a lot of experience working in fields from the analog days (648x486 4:3). I normally output my 3D at 60fps so I can reposition and scale it and have the information to output the master in fields. I went into the LW Pref/general tab and changed the frame rate to 60 then rendered. This is a 3 sec. Animation of a bus going across the screen to be used as a transition. My time line goes from 0 - 90 but after switching the frame rate to 60fps I still only got 90 frames and it appears to have only gotten through about 1/3rd of the animation. What's the trick for rendering a 3 sec. animation at 60fps?

Thanks
DI

digitalimagery
12-31-2012, 08:04 AM
I just read an entry from 2004 at Creative Cow and another user says he gets the expected results doing a QT output but not with sequential .tga files. Is this true? How and why is that the case and why would this not have been addressed in 8 years?

Confused.
DI

digitalimagery
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
For anyone experiencing the same as mentioned, here's what I've discovered. When you set up a 3 sec. (or any length) animation at 30fps and then change the settings to render at 60fps. Rather than calculate the frames required in the same time range it doubles the length (in this case makes a 6 sec animation). At this point you need to specify 60 fps in your compositing software thereby bringing the length back to the original time (3 secs.). A tad strange based on other apps I'm familiar with but now that I know all is well.

DI