PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Stephen0523
12-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi all. I am running LW 11.0.2 for the Mac. I understand there is an update. Where would I find the updates and how can I be notified when updates are available?
It would be great if the application could check for updates upon launching.

Thanks

nickdigital
12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
The update should be in your registration page.

Stephen0523
12-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I thought so, but it is not there. I contacted NT, but no response (probably the Holidays). I thought there might be another place to get the updates.
Thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas!

mummyman
12-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Anyone know why my 11.03 did not work? I'm on 11.02 and dragged their "key" file on the splash page...said it was updated...restart lightwave...still in discovery mode. Wierd. Does 11.02 have to be uninstalled first? I installed to a new folder. It worked fine on a co-workers workstation. But tried a 2nd license, and it didn't work. "sigh"

Marcia
12-24-2012, 10:38 AM
Mummyman (if you're running Mac version),

That happened to me back in version 9.6. Can't recall the reason (might have been the original install would run on Mac and PC but the download was Mac-specific). Anyway, the solution was to call Newtek Customer Support and get a new license key. Nothing else would have worked.

Also had a similar problem when upgrading to the software-only version of 11. Once the dongle was removed the sw refused to recognize it again, and would run in discovery mode on restart when the dongle was reinstalled, even though it accepted the key as valid like yours did. Got rid of the dongle again, and was able to reinstall the upgrade with no problem, but had to wave bye-bye to one or two older plugins. A call to customer support for a new key might have worked, too.

And no, don't uninstall 11.02. 11.03 is a service patch so you have to install it over a full 11 version. if you've already uninstalled, you need to reinstall 11, start it, drag the license onto the splash screen, restart, then quit and run the upgrade per instructions.

Good luck with that; I know it's frustrating.

Phil
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
@mummyman : Windows XP by any chance? The dongleless operation is only supported on Vista and later. I'm not sure how it works with 3rd party firewalls, either.

mummyman
12-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Nope...not on Mac. And also, not on XP. Vista. But I didn't install over my current 11. I installed to a new folder. But it looks like the same structure. Do I need to install over my current 11 install? I didn't notice in the read-me.

Phil
12-27-2012, 09:14 AM
No, there's no need to install over the previous version. There's no reason not to, 11.0.3 only brings the new licensing system and nothing else.

Odd that it doesn't work with Vista, though. The license.lwk file should have been installed to %userprofile%\.NewTek\LightWave\11.0\licenses. You can check. I'm not sure what happens if you have both the license.key and the license.lwk file in there. I'm assuming that you have both in there because 11.0.2 won't know about the .lwk file. I'd suggest moving the license.key file out of that folder and leaving just the .lwk file there and see what happens when you launch 11.0.3.