PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush on two computers?

djwaterman
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm asking here because I have no idea where to put this question over at ZBrush central forums. I have a licensed version of ZBrush currently on my PC and recently purchased a notebook, can I also install the same licensed version of ZBrush on the laptop so I can use it on both? Merry Christmas.

m.d.
12-23-2012, 11:26 PM
sure can....it's right in the license...

laptop/desktop combo is ok...
however...always make sure to deactivate when re installing windows ect

adrian
12-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Yep I have ZB installed on two machines. I think you can have up to 3 without having to de-activate one of them.

djwaterman
12-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Thanks both.

Greenlaw
12-25-2012, 01:44 AM
I have ZBrush license activated on my workstation at home and my laptop with no issues. This is allowed, you just have to be sure not to run the software on both computers at the same time.

As mentioned above, you need to deactivate if you want to move a license to another computer. If your computer dies before you can do this, you'll need to contact Pixologic to free up the activation. They'll fix you up right away--in my experience, their service is amazing!

If you're updating to a new version, you can install on a computer and keep previous installs active. However, if you remove an older version after the update, I'm told this will break GoZ. In this case, it's best to remove all versions and then do a clean install of the latest version. No need to deactivate ZBrush before uninstalling but you will need to re-activate the newly installed version when you launch it the first time.

G.

Greenlaw
12-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Sorry...double post.