PDA

View Full Version : Hi-res background in virtual studio

matthias-web
12-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi!

Our current scenario:
We are using an existing virtual studio, with changing the background wall into a picture with the skyline of the city we are streaming from.
If we are using a very big image, naturally we scale it down inside the virtual studio editor in order to fit.

If we perform later in the live production a virtual camera zoom, the background looks a little pixelated at the highest zoom factor.
So obviosuly internally the picture is stored in the reduced scaled resolution (all done with Tricaster 850 Extreme if someone asks).

The feature request:
For all perfectionists here it would be nice if the original high-resolution of the picture can be kept so that even the strongest virtual camera zoom would show all the details...

Too special? Too exotic wish?
Yeah, I was afraid so. But you never know ;-)

jmmultex
12-25-2012, 01:11 PM
When using LSE, you can actually use images that are double the resolution of the set in both directions (3840x2160), and it will be preserved in the final set. This will let your close up zoom level look crisp, and preserve detail in your shots...

Best,
John

matthias-web
12-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for answer, John

but I am not sure I understand.
"LSE" stands for "Live Set Editor" and is different from the Virtual Studio Editor (VSE)?

Best regards,
Matthias

jmmultex
12-25-2012, 09:11 PM
My mistake - I meant VSE. (I guess I conflated Livetext and Virtual Set Editor to come up with LSE )

I'm using VSE 2 now, but this did work in VSE 1.5 as well.

If I can help you with this somehow just let me know...

Best (and a Happy Christmas)

-John

joseburgos
12-27-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm not 100% sure but I think you need the set layers to be say, double res, to support this feature (again not sure because I don't use the sets that come with VSE). What I can say for sure and what I think John is saying, if you make your own custom set with layers that are larger than 1920X1080, they will work and retain the detail.