PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 3D Forums down?

Markc
12-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Anyone know where the Liberty 3D forums have gone?

dwburman
12-22-2012, 05:21 PM
The spammers/bots found a way around the captcha we were using to filter out non-humanoids and we started getting dozens of fake accounts registered in a short amount of time. We plan on bringing it back up once we've upgraded stuff and come up with a solution for the spammer problem.

Cryonic
12-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Spammers are getting around Captchas by using humans... I've found that using sites like Mollom have helped prevent the registration of valid accounts by spammers. As has the requirement of an email address that needs to be verified before they can actually leave comments on my site.

Afalk
12-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing one of my favorite haunts back up and running!~

mdunakin
12-28-2012, 01:42 AM
Umm.. but right now then, do I have to stay screwed till when ever things get all back up and running?
What I mean is, as soon athe news was out about poor Larry, I mean, I heard it before I heard about that one email we all got where all the money from the sales of his stuff would go to his wife, Camille, and that the normal middle man price would also be donated too, and I was really sad, cuz Larry would actually talk to you on the fone! He was awesome.
Butmanyway, I guess I didn't pay close enough attention that there were only a couple of days to get what ever, and I think I remember thinking I got the file and all, but since I didn't check the file out till a couple weeks later, I was busy with some other things, but then I found out that all the HTML icons, images, links, banners the whole deal those are all missing, as are lots of images and the main object that you need to follow along with the tutorial LOL I now have no clue where to go or who to talk to, since the Kurv Studio pages are no longer there, which really is a bummer, they all should of been left up, since everyone knew how to work that site, now?, now I can't find squat LOL

OK, thanx, and I already am missing him, what a waste he had to go so damned early.............................md ;(

Markc
12-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Is it one of Larry's videos your having trouble with?
Send an email to Liberty 3D [email protected]
Someone will help you out :)

mdunakin
12-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanx, I'll email them. It wasn't the videos, those were the ONLY things that were actually all there, everything else though was missing, objects, his web html formated page that comes with the whole thing, all that, none of the images are there for that nor for the scene itself. SO, I'll check with these people, I still have my paid for email so I can use that (I would think?) as proof of purchase.

thanx much..............md :)
BTW< his tuts are as always, totally and fully detailed.

djlithium
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanx, I'll email them. It wasn't the videos, those were the ONLY things that were actually all there, everything else though was missing, objects, his web html formated page that comes with the whole thing, all that, none of the images are there for that nor for the scene itself. SO, I'll check with these people, I still have my paid for email so I can use that (I would think?) as proof of purchase.

thanx much..............md :)
BTW< his tuts are as always, totally and fully detailed.

Yup, the forums are down for a bit as we sort them out. For support issues, email me at [email protected] liberty3d.com
Just a note thought that some of larry's videos don't come with content. We will be working to try and gather up as much of his other videos as possible and make them available when we can in as a complete form as we can.

Afalk
12-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Kelly,

Good to hear about larry's vids,and thanks for checking in! hopeyour holidays are proving to be fantastic!

Tony

mdunakin
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Yup, the forums are down for a bit as we sort them out. For support issues, email me at [email protected] liberty3d.com
Just a note thought that some of Larry's videos don't come with content. We will be working to try and gather up as much of his other videos as possible and make them available when we can in as a complete form as we can.
Whoa, totally thanx man, this means a lot to me, and like I say, the vids work, so I'm still slowly working my way through things, I need to rig my dog better and he shows the good old trick I had totally forgotten all about, (no I won't mention that trick here, people should buy the DVD if they want to know, like I did hehe) but, the trick is an old one that I couldn't believe I totally spaced out on, sheesh, lame-o hahaha

I've bought sooo many of his tuts, as well as all the other greats out there, sadly no more Albee making any more books, or at least that's what he told me about 3-4 years back, but I told him, just take a good long breather and come back again, cuz he also rocks with high quality details and explanations, just like of course Dan the Man Ablan hehe

dwburman
12-29-2012, 10:50 PM
We have the forums back up an running at least on a trial basis. Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience.