PDA

View Full Version : Scared of spiders?

Simon-S
12-21-2012, 04:30 AM
Hi All,

Here is a link to our new project (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461555358/phobia-free) - a game which will help to cure you of your fear of spiders.

It uses tried and tested desensitization techniques to help the user become accustomed to progressively more realistic/scary spiders - concluding with an augmented reality tarantula with full procedural interaction.

All the art was created over the past 6 months using Lightwave and unity and we are almost there with it, the problem is we need more cash to get this thing finished and off the ground. We are looking to raise 25k in the next 38 days and we need all the help we can get.

Please take a look and if you think it's a worthwhile project feel free to back us! :)

prometheus
12-22-2012, 06:19 AM
Daring project, and innovative ideas that probably translate to other fobic areas and similar, when I first looked at it..the pink looking fun spider I thought...noway this will be useful, but I guess you
would need to see the whole process somehow and the progressive introduction of more realistic ones.

Not sure if this would be helpful down under In Australia though? shouldnīt they be scared of the spiders?
I canīt help out with the funds, but I do wish you all sucess with it, and hope to see other Healing/helpful games showing up too.

Michael

Simon-S
01-02-2013, 02:21 AM
Daring project, and innovative ideas that probably translate to other fobic areas and similar, when I first looked at it..the pink looking fun spider I thought...noway this will be useful, but I guess you
would need to see the whole process somehow and the progressive introduction of more realistic ones.

Not sure if this would be helpful down under In Australia though? shouldnīt they be scared of the spiders?
I canīt help out with the funds, but I do wish you all sucess with it, and hope to see other Healing/helpful games showing up too.

Michael

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, the cute pink spider is intentional as we can't be introducing any kind of 'anxiety stimulus' to the user until the first few levels have been completed. Once they are used to interacting with the cute spider, the spiders will get progressively more scary/realistic so that there is a gradual exposure to the thing they fear most.

dwburman
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM
It's a cool idea. When I looked at the link, I was hoping to see one of the more realistic spiders pictured as well, but it wasn't there at the time. I guess you don't want to scare anyone off. :D

Simon-S
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
It's a cool idea. When I looked at the link, I was hoping to see one of the more realistic spiders pictured as well, but it wasn't there at the time. I guess you don't want to scare anyone off. :D

We've actually just updated the kick starter page to include links to images of the spiders used on the treatments. Feel free to take a look http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461555358/phobia-free