PDA

View Full Version : Render Visible Nulls

VictoryX
12-19-2012, 07:24 PM
So I did a 3D Track of a scene inside Boujou brought it into Layout and I have 100's of nulls in my scene that are representations of the tracking markers. I'm trying to get the nulls to render but can't seem to do it. I tried adding a custom object Item Shape to it but it still doesn't render. Beyond creating 100's of little arrows in modeler and parenting each one to every little null I can't seem to figure out how to get them to render. Is this even possible? I searched the forums and came across a plugin that could create modeler points on every null position but I was hoping to get some actual geometry like an arrow,pyramid, or diamond shape.

VictoryX
12-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Figured it out, used that plugin to turn my nulls into points. Then created a geometry object and used point clone plus in modeler to attach my geometry object. Cool little plugin, http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=67f5b123

dwburman
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Another possible option would be to use HyperVoxels (Sprite mode) on each null, though the way you did it is probably better. :)

jeric_synergy
12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
:: taps chin pensively :: Since there ARE modeling tools within Layout, it should be theoretically possible to craft a script that generates some sort of geometry at the locations of null objects, entirely within Layout.

That is, if the scripting features didn't have holes you could sling a cat thru.

3DGFXStudios
12-21-2012, 03:04 AM
An other option is to attach instances to the points.

jeric_synergy
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
An other option is to attach instances to the points.
You mean, after you've exported them as an Object?

JoePoe
12-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Or

Create your one little pyramid (or whatever)

and use "Replace All with Object (http://www.blochi.com/gfx/lscripts_en.html)" plugin.

One button magic!

3DGFXStudios
12-21-2012, 12:32 PM
You mean, after you've exported them as an Object?

Yes. Otherwise you have to add the instancer to every null and that would be a pain in the as s ;) . Of course you could write a script for that but that would take more time than exporting all nulls to a point cloud.
Depending on the tracking software you use you can export a point cloud directly to lw. Sometime you forget that you can import fbx files in modeler. I'm not sure what it does with nulls in modeler.
If it does nothing with nulls it would be a nice feature to have in the fbx import. Null to points or something?

jeric_synergy
12-21-2012, 12:48 PM
To tell the truth, I have no idea what an FBX file is.

From context, I'm assuming it's some kind of geometry file. With motion?

3DGFXStudios
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes it is. You can put a lot of stuff in a fbx, things like cameras objects and rigs etc. Ideal for exporting to maya or max or a lot of other 3d apps

jeric_synergy
12-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm too afraid to look and find out how it's covered in the dox.

3DGFXStudios
12-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Who uses the doc's? ;)

I've never looked at them. It's all here on the forums.

jeric_synergy
12-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Who uses the doc's? ;)

I've never looked at them. It's all here on the forums.
That would be FINE, if that information were reliable FINDABLE*.

But, y'know, it's not. :devil:

*And convenient. And accurate. And concise. And current.

Maybe it's in the dox.