PDA

View Full Version : Exporting files out of LiveText into TriCaster

Andrew.M
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm a bit new to LiveText and how it works with TriCaster (I have the TriCaster 40). I'm having trouble exporting a graphic that I made completely in LT to the TriCaster. I have LT on a separate computer and am using a flash drive to move the files.

I have tried exporting all the pages (cgxml) onto the drive and then importing the files on the TC. I have selected everything in the "default" folder for import, but it only shows the .png files. Basically the graphic is separated out into each layer I put on and then the text boxes.

Am I missing a step here? Should I try and group everything together? The text on the graphic needs to be editable in TC.

Thanks.

SBowie
12-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Assuming the .cgxml file is at the same level in the file hierarchy as the folder with the same name, I think you only need to select that one file. Import handles the 'gathering' and relocation of the assets the page needs.

Andrew.M
12-18-2012, 12:43 PM
The cgxml file isn't located in the folders, instead it's standing alone on the drive. I have uploaded just that cgxml file but it only shows the text boxes and not any background images.

SBowie
12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Correct, I think. It should basically look like this (before and after import):

- mypage.cgxml
- mypage (dir)

- current (dir)
- default (dir)

You would only need to select the .cgxml file for import.