PDA

View Full Version : Cool VFX show about VFX by VFX artists

Truecoz
12-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Cool! Finally, a VFX show about the making of visual effects. Kind of like American Chopper but instead of building chopper bikes they are building visual effects shots. We use Lightwave too, check it out -

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/129972315/the-pixel-underground-alien-invasion-los-angeles

-Chris Mananbe

Surrealist.
12-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah I think it is a cool idea. I think this is a fresh idea who's time has come.

In any event, I think you'd do well to just start filming small segments and build a lot of interest that way. Seems to me people would respond well to shorter 5 minute bits and you could probably generate quite a lot of interest. Just my 2C.

Good luck!

Afalk
12-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I agree w/Richard. I also want to add -- as soon as you have eventhe bare bones done up-- pitch it to the SyFy network, it would fit in perfectly with their current line-up of shows! (VFX makeup & production design)

Cryonic
12-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I've watched Face Off... and like most reality shows, it focuses a bit more on the drama and less on the actual tools and techniques being done by the artists to create the FX. Sort of like watching Top Chef won't actually show you how to make any of those meals that they do.

JamesCurtis
12-27-2012, 09:54 PM
I like Face Off. Some really talented artists there! Watching the show could be an incentive for character designing in LW itself!!